Saturday, May 06, 2006

I am about set to go

I am about set to go. Mark and Jessica came over this morning and helped me do a couple of batches of clothes. Actually, I found a couple of pair a of slacks this morning early and I feel I have quite enough slacks for the trip but having Mark and Jessica over was great fun and their efforts helped a great deal. Mark really put some order to the laundry area even vacuumed and the space looks great. I sure could use them in my computer room and even my garage. Maybe I can get them over again soon. I sure enjoy their assistance but even more I love spending time with them.

So, I have four pair of slacks, a couple of long sleeve black shirts like a turtle neck and a long sleeve T. I am even contemplating packing a pair or two of socks. I usually do not wear socks past a certain day in the Spring; sometimes if I have a board meeting or for one reason or another must dress more formal then usual. Sock are one of those items which are expected of a person disability or not. People want to know you are wearing socks. F I know the people or they know me then I’ll go with out but to go somewhere thousands of miles away from home and a group of people I do not know I had better be prepared. Socks are kind of a ‘cloaking device” if you are wearing the socks you are sure to remain cloaked but let the word out you are not wearing or have someone notice you are not wearing the you are way visible maybe too visible for a conference.

I also have packed a couple of vests and a couple of golf type shirts. I still have some room in the bag. I am taking the vests and the shirts because Dianne indicated these would be good “conference clothes”. The items are short sleeved and I am kinda feared the short sleeves will be uncomfortably cool. I have learned the hard way that Dianne is usually correct with these calls. O we shall see. Mark is coming back this afternoon and we will finish the bag and then I’ll be ready for the trip to the airport first thing in the morning. I am now beginning to look forward the event. I am still a bit spooked at what to expect inside the bathroom and being able to make the transfers safely but I am sure I’ll get by just fine.
I started Stephen King’s Hearts of Atlantis last night, boy, what a great read. I just found out that this book is not one big novel but a bunch lightly interconnected short stories of novella. Hum, that changes things a bit. I do not know how much time I want to put into shorts. This could be a great reason to go to Barnes n’ Noble today and get a read, a brand new read for the trip and the first part of the summer. Anyway Hearts is great. So, back to reading and packing and my big lonely trip.


No comments: