Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Just Want My Counter Back


Why can’t the people who have power just leave well enough alone? I noticed yesterday as I was booting up my office that my counter was missing from my blog. I did not pay much attention to the missing icon at first because sometimes icons seem to blink in and out of existence on my desktop like quarks. When events like this has happened in the past I have turned and the system off and on and this action has reset problem. I noticed the one blog I follow daily Dr Ow’s that the icon was missing from hers as well. Actually, that is where I got the counter in the first place. So, I am wondering if the company which gave the counters away have now taken them back in an effort to make the users now pay for the tracking software. I a counter from Sitemeter. The icon sat nonchalantly just under the Blogger icon but when you clicked onto to the Sitmeter icon you found out all kinds of info about where people were visiting from, the time they came and the pages they visited plus how long they stayed. I rarely got more then 10 hits a day and those mostly came from the kids but I thought it entertaining. Does anyone out there know Sitemeter and what they are trying to do?

I found another blog counter but I cannot seem to get the counter to load the Way I want it too. This maybe an evening or more likely a weekend job. Site meter loaded so easily—I hate change.

3 comments:

riptideselkie said...

that's weird because mine is still there. I just went and checked. Do you still get the sitemeter emails?

riptideselkie said...

yours is there too, it's moved off to the side next to your archive list.

David Smith said...

http://weblog.sitemeter.com/2006/04/09/bloggerblogspot-templates/