Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Piece of Work

I did it again. A cold rainy sunday greeted us this morning. I made coffee did the dishes and folded some clothes. Waded through Sunday paper. Actually I just went through the adds. Dianne continues working on her Defense so I was committed to staying out of her way. I was scouring the ads for digital cameras. The camera I am using now is getting older and the selector wheel is getting more and more difficult for me to use. I need to find a camera which easier for me to operate. As I made my way though through the adds I came to the Compusa circular. Compusa had a section of free items. You know software, usually listed with a host of rebates your end cost is “0”. I always sucker for these deals. I really should now better. I always seem to miss a crucial piece of data. I don't know if I ever get the rebates. I just have to be happy with the “instant” rebates. Today the software is “music maker” and a movie/video editing both by Magix”. I have used both kinds of software in the past and have never been satisfied. It's not the softwares fault, I am just a slow learner. The software comes with a substantial manual(which I have never completely read), the tutorials just confuse me and I resent the space they take on my hard drive. I come home install the software, try to use the stuff and become completely confused and then frustrated. I don't know why I cannot be happy with the “Movie Maker” which comes bundled with Windows XP. If you have been to my Myspace account I have a little film there. Movie Maker does just fine. The word free just get me and then I think I am better then I am. Actually this whole day has been a passive aggressive festival against myself, after making the grandiose statements about writing I think I am doing everything my subconscious can think of to defeat my noble goal of writing more material. I really am a piece of work.

We,, I know this post is way short of my customary 500 word but the time is late and I alseep at the keyboard. Have a good night.

No comments: