Thursday, May 18, 2006

I Need A Reader that Reads




Cecilia asked me this morning if she could take tomorrow off. I shrugged and said “OK”. I do not have any meetings out of the office tomorrow but since I had a lunch meeting Monday I have an hour to consume or loose by tomorrow evening. So, I figured if I am going to get this hour I better use the hour today. The weather is perfect: hot and dry. I decided to “stretch” my lunch hour and Trax up to Trolly station and do some shopping at the Staples store there.


I lost my SD card reader—I mean I did not actually loose the piece of equipment something happened to the equipment and the computers, I use, will no-longer recognize the reader. I cannot say for sure that something on the trip cancelled it out all I know is that I was able to download images with this equipment before I went on my trip and I when I tried to down load images from my SD chip my office computer as well as my two home systems will not read it. I have lost my drivers-so if I could find drivers to install I would be OK. I tried to find the drivers for this reader to no avail. The reader is made by General Electric the reader is called Secure Digital & Multimedia—USB. I thought the driver would be simple to find. No way. If anyone out there know of these drivers please let me know. Plus I have never purchased a reader for Dianne and that Camera I gave her for Christmas. Dianne’s camera uses an xD and I wanted to be sure the reader we use on the house systems are xD capable.

What I really think happened is that airport security did something to the reader when then did their security thing on my back pack. I guess I should be happy the camera still works. I don’t know what could have happened.

I did some calling round and found the closest place to my office was a Staples store a mile and half from my office easily accessible by train of a lunch hour and very doable with a stretched lunch hour.

The pickings were slim the least expensive reader was $19.98 more then I wanted to pay but the reader looked sturdy and the reader would handle Dianne’s needs. So, I got it. I came back to the office and dialed in to New Egg and ordered two more readers at much less. The readers are cheap $4.98 and 11.98 but should do the job. They should here by the first of the week.

I finished my Stephen King this morning on the way to work. Dianne picked me up a couple books last week but they are at home. I feel I should read at least one next. I would rather get a new King. Black House but that would take more time then I want to spend without a book. So, what I plan to do is order my next read from Amazon and the book will be here and ready for reading by Memorial day weekend and for sure by June evenings and weekends.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

i know how that goes. The last time we reformatted it seems we lost all sorts of things and then just the other day the keyboard randomly stopped working. Luckily little brother is a comp tech guy now so he helped me out and we got everything working, but it sure is a pain when things stop working.