Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Busy Busy





Yet another long day, and I am only just two thirds of the way through. What a day. I realized yesterday when IK got back to the office and checked out my Groupwise calendar that I had a transportation meeting this morning. This is not a big deal just time consuming. I staff this meeting for my office so I just do things the consumer needs done. This meeting is essentially a conference call which can be intimidating but more then anything just takes time. Plus I keep a running account of the dialog which I later turn into meeting minutes.

Last night after I got home I was working on the computer to post the blog and my left armrest on my power wheelchair just sheered off! The arm rest did not affect the chairs main function just maid it painful for me to sit in the chair without the support on my l left side for any length of time. I knew I would have to make an emergent run to magic Rest to see if they could do a fast repair because I am working U of u REHAB open house tonight till about 9:30 PM and I want to be somewhat comfortable if I am going to be pulling these kind of hours. The only positive of the day’s events so far is that I should glean two to three hours over time which I could use to offset any time I generate running to the wheelchair shop.

I was totally surprised when I called Josh, my guy, at the wheelchair shop and he actually indicated he was not all that busy and he would look at my chair as soon as I could bring the chair down. I had just finished the conference call and cleared the emergency run to the wheelchair shop with the boss. Luckily I had brought my van into the office since I would need it tonight for the Information Fair. I was gone driving hard to mid valley, off the ramp at 3300 South. I called and Josh came out and “eyeballed” my chair and at n first said that there was probably little he could do but I must have looked pretty pathetic because soon he was fiddling with the part, then went back into office for about ten minutes returning to say he had actually found a the part we needed on one of the “loaner” chairs and he set to tearing my chair apart. When Josh got the part off. I could see his brain beginning to churn and he started coming up with solutions for the part he first thought was inoperable. The best part though was that Josh fixed my chair and got me back on the road—and he did not charge me! In the process of the repair we visited a bit and found that we both were going to be working the Information Fair. Maybe it’s Karma.






No comments: