Sunday, April 01, 2007

Time to Smell the flowers








Today is one of those “in between” clouds and foolish days but the clouds are thin enough to lets the radiate from the sun through making for a warm enough day to enjoy some outside time. We are blessed with a warm southern breeze as another storm system blows itself into the area. this also means the weather is warm enough that we can keep Ginger outside for extended periods of time without fear of the neighbors calling the ASPCA. We are still paranoid of letting her out front for fear she might bolt and have to bail Ginger out of the Slammer again. We have to be careful of relegating the dog to the backyard because Ginger tends to yap and cry until she gets let back in the house. We're a little spooked the neighbors might complain but nothing yet so out she stays on these nice pre-summer days.

Last week as I lay in bed I made the decision I would just let the blog go until I could get feeling better. I was pleased to receive a couple of emails from dedicated readers. I was surprised that I had any—people who actually become concerned when I do not blog. Granted most of these concerned folks are family but they count as readers.

LeRene is one of my faithful readers. LaRene is my older sister's daughter and it's hard to think of LeRene as just a few years younger then I. LeRene will ever be fixed in my mind as the cuter skinny, reddish blond cowgirl who would come up to visit us with her parents. We meet now at family reunions and hug, visit breifely and show pictures of our kids, maybe a Christmas card in the season and every once in a while an email. I just love it that Le Rene has her own my space account where I can see images of her kids and yes even grand kids and more interesting listen to music she chooses for her 'space', her colors and other images of her life let me know her just a little bit better.

Life is funny at how distant it keeps us from the ones we love and care about most. We are 'running' hard day to day week to week year to year. I am so glad to have the magic of the INTERNET to keep us together. The INTERNET does not write the emails or blogs but allows us to move them round we write them.

I rolled round the neighborhood this afternoon and got some images of what magic Spring is working in my world. I have also included a stray mut---it seemed fitting,

No comments: