Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday's Post




Just one step that is all it takes to keep me out. Living out of a wheelchair certainly makes one sensitive to these kinds of issues. This is an image of the back parking area of the building I work at. The gate opens up to the parking lot the downtown post office. I often eat my lunch out back of my office and I often see people from my office running mail over. If you are me, however, or someone else who uses a wheelchair for mobility then I have to go all the way round the building and then round the block to the front of the post office. This is not so bad in the good and warm weather but in cold and foul weather this is a royal pain. And it really would not take much to install a ramp. But the management will not make this needed conversion not for one or two folks with physical disabilities. In fact the gate appears to have been padlocked at one time and the forces of the street rose up and tore off the chains and manhandled the gate at the same time.

Today’s image was brought to you by my new camera, Yes, I caved and purchased yet another digital camera. This camera is a low end Kodak , under a hundred dollars. I am sure I will able to get my Nikon replaced but I do not know how long replacing this equipment is going to take. So far I have invested at least an hour calling and waiting for the so0meone at the Office Depot help desk to answer the phone. Since I did not have the needed documentation and since I know that I am going to have a huge challenge finding this documentation I sense this is going to be a while. When I finally did get something the Service Deck on the line the person advised me that since I purchased the camera in January of this year so now Office Depot is saying I need to push the Nikon warranty since they have the camera under warranty for the first year of purchase. So I think I’ll be getting the “chase around “ for a while.

Actually, I sorta of like the little Kodak Easy Share C310, the Easy Share I destroyed a coupe of years ago was the C300. This iteration of the camera is actually 4.0 mgp and the other camera was a 3.25 meg pixel and those images were fine for my blog so this camera should even be better. These camera doesd not have all the bells and whistles as the other but that is ok as long as the Kodak takes the images when I want them taken.

No comments: