Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two Posts Today


Today started as a quiet “stay in my office” day and answer my phones, my numbers are up, the sky is blue and I am a long way from Virginia. But it was brought to my attention that I had an online training at 11:30 am and it was going to last till 1:30! Two hours for a useless training. Two hours out of the dead center of my day really collapses my day. So I have been grousing ever since. Especially when we get into the meeting I find out the training is more of a sales presentation then a “training”. Some kind of software built on some sort of Microsoft program, very gimmicky stuff aimed at lobbing elected types. Actually there is other software out there which does the same thing already on our systems. The national program which my parent group is part of the organization which got us involved with this ‘training”. I suspect the nerd who developed the software is some offspring or relative of the National Director or something. I can smell a scam

Somewhere. So, I suffer through the two hours of the “training”. I then dash off to the bank in order to use my hour for lunch or loose it but now it was 1:30 pm. I made it to the bank cashed my check got some cash and tried to find some jalapeño peppers for the burritos I keep in the office fridge but o no avail.

I get back to the office at 2:30 and spend the rest of the afternoon returning calls and trying to get my chronic off the line. Somewhere in the middle of these calls I get a last minute request from a small community 40 minutes to our South wanting me to take part in an information fair Tuesday evening. So I have an after hour assignment tomorrow and one on Thursday.

This is going to look like two posts for today but actually I posted this morning the blog I wrote yesterday and this one will pot this evening. Last night we were focused on trying to get the taxes done. Of course the printer crashed yesterday morning when Dianne was trying to print out a couple of tax forms. We lucked out in that Mark A and Jasmine came over to drop off the meat-slicer I bought earlier in the day and I trapped him in to searching out the program and her found it.

Kinda of funny no one is talking about the Virginia tech blood bath at the office. I think we are all kinda burned out with death in the public sector. It struck me weird tonight I had to go out to Lowe's after I got home and noticed the guy at the end of the street had his flag at half staff. Then I realized I had not seen any other flags brought down—before, any tragedy like this the flags were brought down before the hour was out. Maybe it's just too much.

No comments: