Sunday, April 22, 2007

I AmThe Breakanator




It seems I have broke another camera. I cannot believe I have broke another camera this will be two camera's I have destroyed in the last year. This time I remembered that I purchased a service agreement which should either repair or replace the camera. Now I just have to find the purchase documentation so when I present my non working piece of equipment the teenager behind the counter will not look at me like I have three heads.

The last time I pushed my warranty on the last camera I destroyed teenager was going to make me find all the documentation: receipt, signed agreement but one of the older staff who has seen me in the store many times just did a search by my phone number and found everything they needed. So I know they(Office Depot) can do find my purchase history since the cashier always asks for this information. But I have to admit the last camera I destroyed I purchased at Comp USA and maybe Office Depot does things different but I doubt it. The other sort of drawback is the Office Depot I purchased my new destroyed camera is located downtown not far from office so dropping the office for repair will have to take place over lunch hour or some thing like that.

The question I have to ask myself do I wish to continue having to push my warranty every six months or so? Maybe I should looking at purchasing a camera with few moving parts which could become destroyed. The problem I seem to inflicting on my cameras is the camera lives in the bottom of my backpack with out benefit of case or any other protection. The camera I have most recently destroyed is a Cool Pix L3 by Nikon. The L3 is actually a great little camera and is almost perfect for my needs except I keep breaking the machine. The camera has a telescoping lens which seems to be pretty sensitive. What I have noticed a couple of times that as my camera rides in the pocket of my backpack The camera will turn itself on when the “on” button is inadvertently touched. When the camera's lenses system is deployed thus and get bumped or rolled over by a three hundred and fifty pound power wheelchair and occupant a lens error occurs and the camera is destroyed. What I need to do is to find a camera which does not use a telescoping lens system. A couple cameras ago I had a little Kodak Easy Share C300 which I quite liked bu I destroyed the mode selector a cheep plastic wheel selector which my teeth gnawed down to a un-usable nub.

Hoping the teenager will search for the purchase information on their computer and if their tech support cannot fix the lens error problem and they will let me replace the camera I wonder if they would allow me to substitute a equal price camera or if I wanted to add a few dollars and buy a tougher camera. I need to have a camera I have easy access to and that is tough enough to withstand a Titan landing and still be operational. I need the images for my blog!

No comments: