Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hail to the Grief




Man I need a camera bad!! Dick Cheney just drove by the building. Our office faces Third West and is often used by dignitaries coming in from the airport. I noticed a couple of hours that things were getting quiet out side my window and I also noticed there seemed to be a lot more cops out side and then it clicked the vice president is in town. He flew into the air port then limo-ed in from the airport. Dick was fling into the city and he was supposed head over to the church office building(LDS) and meet with the big boys for a while then he is off to Provo where Dick will is give the commencement address. It was when Dick was done and was heading out from the Church complex that I got the full effect of the presidential office.

I glanced up from my desk and saw motorcycle cops zooming in front of my window. I have to admit the show of power was impressive. The motorcycle cops. There must have been forty of the cops riding in pairs then came the white state police cars and then the black SUVs with the blackened windows and a van full of suites in black sunglasses with ear plugs and the Vice-Presidential limo—the limo even had the VP seal on the door. And then it was over three minutes after they passed regular traffic resumed on 3rd West and he regular traffic and the day resumed could not believe that the Vice president was going to have endure the motorcade all the way to BYU, that’s forty-five minutes on clean highways and that route is a horrible route. I don’t even know how they would have cleared a corridor all the way down I-15. Actually, as I write this I m wondering this I bet the VP was not even in the limo. I bet he went to the top of the Church office building and jumped a chopper South bound.

I can understand now what they mean about not supporting the man but supporting the office. I have to admit I was getting pretty excited seeing this massive show of force pass my building. This motorcade was just like a scene from 24 or X-Files. Suites, sun glasses and ear plugs riding in black SUVs—that was pretty cool. I would have loved an image of this for the blog, but not today…my camera’s broke.

No comments: