Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter




ts Easter Sunday and the day is cooler then I would like the day to be. Rain fell during the night, not much you gotta remember I live in a desert, clouds obscured the sunrise this morning but burned off or were blown way by cool winds by 10:00 am. Dianne trooped off to play Best Grand Ma ever to Anakah as Dianne always does Christmas and Easter mornings. I used to go but because the house is hard for me to get into, the bathroom is not accessible to me and the whole event takes place relatively early on these days. I am just thankful that Thanksgiving dinner takes place in the afternoon. I stay home read, check emails and usually get ready for the day. Today I cooked a pound of bacon I want to use to make some quiches sometime today or tomorrow. I wanted to BBQ, the first of the year from me, but with the wind and cool temps I don't know. Maybe by later this after noon the wind will will have calmed and the temp ( in the 60's) maybe just right. We'll see.

I cooked the pound of bacon actually to replace the pound of bacon I cooked yesterday , for the same reason: quiche. I too great pains to place the cooked bacon as far back on the cook top as I could due to the Visla, our dog. Ginger, the Visla, is really quite incorrigible. Ginger is about eight weeks old not and getting large. When she gets in her hind legs she can reach a long way and that is exactly what happened yesterday when I was away at the market. Even though I had the bacon way back on the stove top Ginger was able to stretch and reach and grab the bacon. I did not see the event but as Dianne describes the event the beast scarfed the plate of bacon I had set-a-side for the quiche. Boy I was I pissed! I banned the dog from the house until late in the evening. This “banning behavior” is happening more and more with the advent of the good and warmer weather. We just don't know what else to do. I am looking for a dog trainer or obedience school but have not been motivated to the point of making the final contact and finding out what obedience school really is and how we would do it and finally how much?? “Dog people” I talked to always tell me... “eight weeks!Oh, she is still is a puppy, give her some time, she'll grow into being a great dog!” Boy that takes a lot of faith. So for now Ginger comes round and challenges the door every thirty minutes or so hoping to get in. She has water and food and a blanket out on the deck. She seems more or less happy, out on the deck hours at a time. She better its as good as she going to get for a while.

The pain is back in my back. I may have to go back the Doc this coming week and see what the pain might be. I have thought perhaps its kidneys but more that I feel the pain yesterday and today I am thinking the pain might be a pinched nerve—since the pain originated last week when the arm of the wheelchair was broke and I was leaning way over to the left. Oh well, happy Easter!!


No comments: