Wednesday, April 25, 2007



I had lunch a new café I noticed s few days ago when I was out rolling round my office neighborhood. The restaurant is on fourth South between third and fourth West directly South of Pioneer Park right next to the Vespa dealer ship. The restaurant was a pizza joint just last year. I kinda hated to see the pizza place one of the few downtown pizza places. Oh there are a couple of high end restaurants where they throw fancy dancy stuff on a thin crust and serve it as pizza at an incredibly high price. Actually I just did a quick search and found more pizza joints then I thought but there is not much round the office. What pizza joints are round her are the “corporates” you don’t get that great pizza shop atmosphere which used to be everywhere but have vanished. The Wild Mushroom was like that but they are gone and in it’s place is now the Tin Angel Café.

The Tin Angel Café is more high end then I like but who cannot like a restaurant where your server has blue hair, wears converses and is named Robin. The Tin Angel has been open only a week and half and is offering only a lunch menu but will offering a dinner menu is a week or so. The Angel is not a huge place but has outside dining and the inside is quite cozy. It would be a great place to spend summer evenings on their patio and long dark afternoons drinking coffee and watching the rain or snow in the winter. The walls are decorated with artsy farsty stuff which I am suspicious that may have been created by blue haired Robin. The Angel looks like it could be young person hang out, twenty and thirty somethings—especially with it being directly across the driveway from the Vespa dealership.

The Tin Angel offers an expensive menu. I had already sat down and got comfortable. I should have got up and rolled out but that would have been too much of a defiant move. So I figured I would just tolerate the high price. I ordered cashew chicken croissant and that was all $9.00 for lunch and weird chips, probably baked. It was OK but not $9.00 OK. But I sat there an ate it and tried to enjoy the croissant as it fell all over my black mock turtleneck. I looked pathetic.

It was times like today I really hate not having my camera. I would have loved taking some images of the place but alas the best I could do was an image of their menu.

No comments: