Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's the Season of the Tax

This Saturday has pretty much been a maintenance day. Played with the dog early on. Worked on the van or more specifically the van lift and following Dianne and I put a couple of hours on the wash, folding clothes and separating the Winter duds from the Summer wear. Black garbage bags filled with sweaters, socks and heavy shirts. These bags will be toted to the backyard shed where they will languish until after the Fall equinox when we will reverse the process with our Summer things. Dianne has been struggling with the taxes—she does the taxes thank goodness. If taxes were left up to me I would most like have been driven to H&R Block or some other tax preparer. Taxes would be way too challenging. I am really glad we have the extra day this year for filing. Either way Dianne has been trying to prepare me all Spring at how bad we are going to owe since we got a small inheritance and had to liquidate some tax sheltered stuff. I donot know how grim our tax liability will be but I am sure we will survive. Later today we are driving over to one of the Honda dealerships which is having an open house and the dealership is giving stuff away plus the option of winning $5,000.00 just for dropping in. I doubt seriously we will win anything- But Dianne is a believer and who knows. The effort just might get us past the Tax Man.

No comments: