Monday, April 23, 2007

Feelings of Being Alien



I’m undocumented! Like most Mondays today was a bit traumatic for me: back pack not packed. The dog got one of my shoes but luckily the shoe was found late last night and put on the dining room table. Luckily for me and even more so for the dog my other shoe was lying under the table and I found it without too much stress. I got my box of evaporated milk, which I forgot last Friday a.m. I remembered my cell phone and broken camera( which I intended to drop off at the Home Depot where I purchased it and hope they honor their warranty. So I was busy cruising round the house getting ready to go. I thought I was pretty together until I rolled on to the train and realized the identification pack I wear round my neck was not there. I was on the train and we were inbound. Luckily, again, for me I just happen to have a envelope full o tokens in my back pack but I , of course, did not buy a ticket because I was yet unaware of my ID packet forgetfulness. I remembered the last time UTA did a bus pass/ticket sweep was last week or the week before. It seems to be I get caught in a sweep about every 6 weeks. I don’t know what they(Trax Nazi’s) would do if in fact they did catch me without a ticker or pass. They could fine me up to 199.00. Hopefully I could look cute and helpless and talk my way out of the bind but I would hate to risk it.

What is weird I was doing ok till I realized I did not have my ID packet but soon as I was aware I did not have the packet I felt I was guilty of defrauding the system—even though I was not, I was now looking over my shoulder and making up excuses just incase one of the jack-booted, gun carrying thugs should stop me and ask me for my “papers”. Wow, I thought this is how undocumented aliens must feel all of the time they are in country. Hoping against hope they are not “carded”.

Tonight on y return home I’ll purchase a ticket with one of my tokens and get home without the stress. But I’ll be looking for my packet as soon as I get home.

Does anyone want a dog? A nice registered Vizsla. We have just about made the decision to get rid of the poor beast. Ginger is just too much dog for us. Ginger is actually a great dog an will make some family or sportsman a great pet. But she needs too much attention. Let us know.

I took off at lunch and ventured over to the mall to see about getting my camera fixed. The first teenager I ran into happened to be the manager who informed me I had an “800”number to call and they, the “800” number would tell me how to wrap up my camera and send the camera to them and they would send me check for anew camera. Then the teenager smiled sheepishly at me and backed away—he obviously had been through this drill before with explosive results. I was cool and I figured it would be something like this since Office Depot does not have on site tech support. I just did not figure I would have to do all of the mailing. This just leaves me without a digital camera for who knows how long.

No comments: