Saturday, February 25, 2017

Arm Bike



I have an arm-bike. I believe I've written about it before it seems I have written about everything before in this blog at one time or another. The name of my arm bike is Saratoga Silver. I've had piece of equipment two or three years now. I was first exposed to the arm bike when I was involved wit Wellness University of Utah. It took a while for me to warm up to the arm bike but eventually I found the equipment and essential part of my daily workout process. I was fortunate a couple years ago to have found an arm bike for sale on the Internet and make the purchase allowing me not to have to leave the house to grind the bike for however long I would. I think of all the things I do on a daily basis my daily work out on the arm bike is the most important. That is why earlier last week I noticed with some anxiety that my arm bike was no longer offering any resistance. I turned off the bike and then turn the bike on again and it seemed to work just fine. I thought perhaps some sort of temporary glitch that righted itself on the reboot. So imagine my dismay yesterday when I noticed something when I turned on my Saratoga and it no longer gave me any resistance even after I went through the same process as I did last week. I thought maybe if I let the machine to its own devices, overnight, it would again reboot but so far it has not and it has left me in a quandary. Of course this all happened last night about 4 o'clock my time so I was not able to get a hold of the company which builds the arm bike and hopefully it will be a quick fix. I sort of doubt that however because I think what is happening is some sort of software issue.. However I have fired off an email to the company and hopefully someone will get back to me Monday or I will call them.


Last night when I got to bed I noticed attended to be thrashing more than usual, sleep was not coming quickly and smoothly as usual. Then I remembered I had not really worked out yesterday afternoon. Getting no resistance to my hand peddling I was wondering if the effort was worth the effort.. I still don't know but what I do know is that even though I felt sleepy earlier in the evening I couldn't get to sleep right off. I think this is directly related to not working out. I only listed 40 or 50 reps because the snow was too challenging for me to left and besides last night was a staff night which means I had to get things done before Honey got here. This kind of worries me if I cannot get my Saratoga running again.. I will figure something out even if I have to purchase a machine less sophisticated than the Saratoga Silver. I need this in my life my heart needs this in my life as well as my sleep.

No comments: