Thursday, February 09, 2017

Therapy Thursday:COFFEE ANY ONE?

Today is a beautiful day true it's cloudy very overcast at the temperatures are in the sixties! Kind of day I would love to be out in but I'm not. Sitting in my room / apartment looking outside at the skatepark watching the guys up and down over the berm, trying my best to stay off my right hip that seems to be debilitating into some sort of pressure sore. Unbelievable, but that's the story of my life I just have to accept it and move forward. I sure wish I had somebody who could put on the prophylactic tape like Dianne. She was great at it and I knew that, I knew this was going to happen I just hope not having Dianne taking care of my butt does not kill me. I have been trying to teach Honey how to do this but it's just not doable. I may have to try to find a nurse or eventually end up with that wound clinic. I'm not too excited about the IMC wound clinic and I don't know if I want to get back involved with the University Medical Center dash dash however is pretty good they don't freak out if you just come in cuz you think you might have something going on . In fact I think they would prefer that you come in and get checked out and attend to what might be small rather than wait until it's blown out of proportion and we're talking bedtime downtime major. That I do not want to happen I do not want to spend my summer on my stomach trying to get my ass to heal. Actually I don't know if I would have gone out even if I but good feel good I don't think I got a very good evacuation last night and I don't want to do another jump on the outside. So maybe it's best I just stayed in and worked on my desk, Things Considered.

Today was therapy coffee -- that's what I call it therapy coffee. Socialization attempts by management here at the apartments. Thursday Coffee is not bad I just don't get too involved in the whole operation no I make a couple comments. I don't know how seriously Anne the social worker tracks  interaction with various individuals.  The population of the group is fairly loose with a lot of coming and going but there is a main core folks that show up and traditionally except for gym the resident assistant I'm the only male. Not that I would be any more verbose if the group was a male group. Who knows if the you ever discussed anything I was truly interested in perhaps I will become more involved. We can talk about the sixties coming of age, work experiences, work history and on and on. I like the folks in the group it just seems they are all extroverts and really like trying to run the show.

A cold front move in tomorrow which brings the spring like days to an end. I have enjoyed the days though and look forward to the true spring..

No comments: