Monday, February 27, 2017

Snow Fell Again During The Night

Snow fell, again, during the night,  a lot of  snow or so it seemed this morning when I got up and began preparing for my day. It was ok, the snow, I had no where to go and really no reason to leave the building. The hour it was late when I finally got to bed last night. There was no good reason why I stayed up except the goof around either on the computer or at my desk. I knew I had nowhere to go this morning so it didn't matter what time I went to bed. I don't know that's a healthy attitude to take but it's one that I finding myself fall into more and more. I actually spent a good deal of time yesterday afternoon and evening sending messages out to different folks via Facebook. It just seems like something to do - - something I could do and should do to stay connected.

I am finding isolation is becoming easier and easier to do here. Unless I have a reason I just do not  go out-- this may change as weather improves a Spring gets a better foothold in this area. I think I well. But I can see how easy becoming invisible could be. I have a neighbor name Jose, who lives across the hall from me. I rarely seem Jose. (I have written about him before) Jose speaks broken english(at best).  Jose must be in his mid to late 60’s,Jose is short in stature and always has a smile on his face. Jose knows  enough  English to get by. I never see him leave his apartment. Jose is always willing to assist me when and if I need help. The point I am laboring to make is that Jose is invisible. Who knows maybe that is exactly what this little guy wants. He might be hiding from ICE--Jose has good reason to be invisible...I don't!

If I could I would go to the market daily , in fact I almost do. I almost think I use my daily trips to the market to be social or to socialize. I see people here at the apartments in the common area and try to visit with them when I can. I just feel I like visiting “real people-” more. Oops,  there I have said it. I don't really consider the folks here at the apartments real people. I should be whipped!! I find my time here interacting with folks sort of like work. Like doing a good deed not necessarily folks I would want to be with if I did not have to : other seniors. This is so pathetic I am ashamed. But this is true.

Today is it snowing Monday, I thought there was a function this afternoon like a play but when I got there it was a quasi medical procedure program. Local Insurance Group has a medical person someone trained  blood pressure and sugar recording. In fact, they keep this information on hand so that's next month when it is done again they will be able to have something to go on and over a number of months a very good Baseline what's my blood pressure and blood sugar is. On first blush this kind of freaked me out but the more I pondered the better it sounded. I have to admit depressed with having the service free of charge right here in the apartments once a month period in fact that even have a short discussion / teaching session afterwards over a given topic this month was heart health  next month will be developing and maintaining a good diet. I know it's all very senior 
geeky that's right where I need to be.

No comments: