Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Using My time


My dear sweet aunt is 90+. Aunt E., is my mother's youngest sister and really my only link to the previous generation. I adore my aunt and I believe and hope we have a special relationship. My aunt is tough she is survived numerous bouts with cancer survived her three siblings and her husband and continue to live by yourself supports from caregivers. I don't think she is long for this world not because she is ill or infirm she just tired and lonely and needs to see her husband deceased siblings. Now having said all that her family is having a wingding/ whoopeedoo birthday celebration either this weekend or next. There are some believe that she continues to live for everyone else was preparing his birthday celebration plans to shut locked in mortal coil soon after. I don't know if that's true – – it would not surprise me and this would make a real rock 'em sock 'em post posting to my blog that's not what I want to write about today.

Last week during the good weather I was going to take the bus over to my aunts apartment complex, where the wingding is going to be. I of course was going to visit my aunt at the same time thus killing two birds with one stone – – excuse the irony. I kind of thought my aunt would be delighted to have a visitor. I made the call and advised her I was coming to visit. My aunt was of course worried that I would have problems making the journey on public transit. And I assured her I be okay and that I thought it was important for me to get a basic idea of what the trip would entail before the actual visits for the party. Thinking back I should've recognized the caution if not disagreement in her voice. I hung up the phone return to my work on the computer and a few minutes later she called indicating that I needed to wait until my cousins arrived from out-of-state will get help with my visit/trip. Plainly she did not want a visit and are me to visit.. I don't know like to think it was the prior as opposed to the latter.

Yesterday, was another nice day a beautiful day for public transit so I loaded up and headed out are up to the VA medical center after my Assist , Inc.meeting to visit my friend Larry. I should realize that he would be in the middle of rehab but that did not detour me. I ran to his wife as she exited the elevator on his floor. We visited and Larry joined us after a few minutes. We had about an hour visit during his speech therapy session. Larry is a newlywed so I took my leave following the end of the session. It was during this period that Larry made a lightly veiled request that I visit the next time after his therapies again no problem.


There really was littl sting in Larry's request – – I really should know better. The same with my aunt E. people want to control who and what they see and when they see them. But still in the back of my mind that makes me feel could I construct my time better.

No comments: