Saturday, February 11, 2017

You Gotta Have Faith

I have been trying survive in this power chair for the past two years at least probably 3 years actually. Survive is probably to strong a word but the chair has been a challenge especially the foot pedals or hangers. I have never been happy with this particular chair and anyone who has red this blog for any period of time knows that. I really believe the chair has gone from being an inconvenience and hassle to actually causing increased pain and bodily injury  physical and to a certain extent mental. Following lasts week's events where I was stranded in my chair naked in my room I have become more committed to getting a piece of equipment which is dependable and save. Luckily I have a therapist like Kasey, who really seems to be looking out for me.

This morning Kasey called to let me know that he had been in contact with a durable medical provider who was new in the area and was hungry. I've been a salesman I've been hungry. I know the code that Kasey was talking about. The person who needs money you need to get out and get known really will work hard on the sale and sure enough I got a call Thursday afternoon and it was Chris the sales guy that my friend Kasey was talking about. Kind of funny I almost did not take the call as usual when I get a call I really get it on the first rings. I am having the call the person back after I can finish the phone out of wherever I have the phone  stashed. I actually thought the caller was a telemarketer by the way it sounded and looked on my call indicator. And when I called back it sounded like a sales gimmick but luckily I held on and realized it was the guy that Kasey talked about. We talked he really seemed to understand what I was talking about it what my needs were and you didn't promise me the the moon either. He simply said he would try to see what we can do to see if I can get the changes to my chair I need in order to go on living my life the way I like to. Left the ball in my court I needed to look up the last piece of work medical did on my chair and to see if Medicare took care of any of that work and if they did there might be a strong possibility that they would continue to do some maintenance on the chair if it can be shown that the maintenance would be related to the last piece of work done which I think could be documented. Just a side note this morning Saturday morning, I did find my paperwork from the last piece of work done on the chair and in fact the 4000 was billed  to your  Medicare and pehp. As I wash my clothes this morning I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out the timeline a friend I purchased this chair the best I can find right now is that it's only been about 2 years which means I was short as far as getting another chair but we knew that. However if I can document and push the concept of a bit of a lemon chair that would be interesting and get a new chair with an elevator. When I went to see Larry or last week I was really jealous of his brand new power chair with a beautiful elevator device.

We have not set up a meeting yet but I'm looking forward to meeting this Chris guy I don't know why but I have faith in him sometimes faith is all you got.

No comments: