Thursday, February 23, 2017

FEBRUARY SNOW

Thursday afternoon and I should be out doing stuff but you know what? It's snowing and I did not really want to get out in the snow. Yesterday I was going to to do my regular workout on my rickshaw and I did not realize the snow was coming down. When I got out in the rickshaw the snow was literally blowing sideways directly in the face and I only did 20 of my Hundred reps and called it good. I cannot remember ever being such a wuss. But this is where I'm at years of my life. I could spend the rest of the afternoon listen to Talking Heads watching the snow and drifting in and out of Twilight sleep which is really an old fart thing to do. However like Robert Frost “ I have miles to go before I sleep ? Tomorrow is the Inspection! And there is tons to do. In fact I am blessed that Gail is coming over tonight to help with straightening up my apartment. So far Gail has not let pay her for services rendered-Gail has come over a couple weeks now on Thursday nights and worked a couple hours cleaning. I want to hang some photographs but I do not want to harm the walls so I want to cross the street and get some wall hanging tabs or whatever they're called. I am sure I have seen these devices over at the prolog store. I cannot be long,I must get back to vacuum and do my bike before Gail shows up. As I have said Gail will not let me pay her. I have been able to sour cream comma bananas, and other items I may have just laying around the house. she seems to be able to accept these things alright just right now she will not take money. Very interesting. I mean she works herself to death 40 plus hours a week doing this CNA work and I would be willing to paper , I'm sure as much as she cleans from the agency she works for after they take their cut. As much as I hate this inspection coming tomorrow getting ready for this event. The event has forced me to look at how I am kind of my apartment. I have made a commitment to myself to keep a clean, tidy and neat living space. I can do this even if this means having someone come in a couple times a week/month to force order on my space. I am old enough it time I begin to act my age. Today's storm is a February storm in fact it's a storm on the Springs side of February; even if a ton of snow falls today they snow will not linger,there is just too much daylight and the temperature has been so warm the ground itself is too warm for the snow to loiter. It's 2 o'clock so we have time to run across the street get the items I need and get back and do some push-ups if I have to start pushing the crank on my arm bike. Today at the coffee group I asked some of the other residents how serious this upcoming event is. They,of course, assured me I had nothing to fear, but I have found when dealing with bureaucracies (of any type) to plan for the worn and be surprised when I get the best outcome.

No comments: