Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Lady In Black

I cannot believe I almost missed her.  I listened to the forecast last night before turning in as I always do the weather  said rain, wind in the valley and moready snow  for the mountains for sure. I kind of debated all night as to whether or not I should go to the meeting this morning, the Assist  meeting. I figured rain and be a good excuse. Was kind of hoping my butt would still be sore but Miracle of Miracles it was actually feeling pretty good this morning. I certainly could not use that as an excuse.

I was up by 6:30 and started my morning routine. I open the curtains and sure enough I could see beginnings of the day. Rain had fallen for sure during the night but now there was little evidence on the sidewalk outside my window. I was actually feeling pretty decent and I thought the heck, I'm going in no matter what David said,I needed to get out.

Sure enough David indicated there would indeed be a meeting but if the weather was a factor for me he would understand. There is had my out but I did not use the excuse I was heading inbound I was heading for the city.  By the time I got off at Library station in had an hour to kill. When I have time like this often go to the Dunkin Doughnuts  coffee shop across the Traxx from the Library. A guilty pleasure for sure. I ordered coffee with whatever white stuff the have and a couple of pinks  (sweetener)and usually two doughnut holes,munchkins .

There was an attractive young lady dressed in black carrying pieces of Art covered in plastic like a presentation. She look like manager. She and I are on the same train. Not close and I was a little startled when I got off the train and head for the coffee shop and there she was in front of me. Walking and being buffeted by the wind. She was going to the downtown campus a Salt Lake Community College I imagine there's one right next to the coffee shop. We were crossing the street when she turned around to me and started talking. Just general stuff like “ sure is windy” and “least it's not snow” I don't know why but I thought it was pretty weird but I liked it. In fact I was sort of hoping she was going to the coffee shop in fact I thought about asking her she want to go to the coffee shop. I veered off towards the coffee shop and she headed towards the college when suddenly she stopped and turned and ask if I had an umbrella. I realized immediately she is going to give me her umbrella and I told her no I did not need an umbrella and she tried to press her umbrella  on me and I told her actually an umbrella would be a hindrance to me because I'1d have to figure out how to hold it and everything else I had and still drive my power chair. Indeed I would not do any good thanks all the same. This is what I should have asked her to coffee. She looked crestfallen but headed on to her presentation  and I was off to my coffee and donut holes. She was my lady in black I wish I taken her image I'll probably never see her again.

No comments: