Friday, February 24, 2017

Frustration


For a week now I have been consumed with trying to clean my apartment. Management announced last week that on today, Friday, February 24 that apartment inspections would be executed. The lady from corporate name Vicki seemed to be a real ball buster and would suffer fools poorly and here I mean fools that cannot keep their apartments clean are after her standards/corporate standards. So of course I did nothing for the first two or three days and then thank goodness my old CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) volunteered to assist me in the cleanup process. Wow! I cannot believe how much this helped. Gail really helped straightening out the kitchen. Gail still works as a CNA, she works very hard I felt a bit guilty having her help. I even ooffered to pay for something for her efforts but she refused. I did foist some boiled eggs, carton of milk etc. Gail will take food and that's even better than money.

Gail came over Tuesday night and work for about two and half hours. Then she said she would come over last night Thursday night. It was pretty late in the evening when I got out text mail indicating she had some work things come up and would not be able to come over till about 8 o'clock.. Actually the apartment looked pretty good still from her work on Tuesday. However there are a few things I could not reach that deal with be able to get to easily. She did show up but was called away after about 45 minutes for an emergency call she got while vacuuming the apartment. That was okay as “pretty comfortable with the whole operation. I spoke to a couple of the other residents at this apartment complex who indicated that the inspection is really not a big deal..Still it something could be messed up it would mess up on me.

I actually worked kind of late on the bathroom. I especially worked on the count and the sink. When I went to bed the bathroom looked pretty good. I would like to have mopped the floor but I think the whole unit would pass muster. Things are really worried me was holes punched in the wall by my wheelchair and raisins ground in the carpet and solidified. I actually got some stuff supposedly to clean these spots. I treated the spots but they didn't really come off. I guess ago have to be scrubbed.


I figured I could wake up and do a few last things which I did. I spent the morning working on projects on my computer got a knock on the door of the building manager informing me there'd be no inspection today. Inspection has now been rescheduled for next Thursday ! I should be relieved. I should celebrate but I can't think of looms in my mind is that I'm going to have to keep the apartment clean until Thursday. This seems like a monumental task – – but you know what? I like that with the place looks and I think if I just keep everything up I should do okay. Maybe this is another step in growing up. I can't wait till Thursday

No comments: