Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Life Is Hard

I believe somewhere in my thousand plus posts to this blog that I spoken about the fact that Utah transit Authority has only two stations for people in wheelchairs. This is not such a big issue when I first began writing the authority but as word got out of course more and more folks are using the system. I'm not even just talking about wheelchair folk, I'm also talking about mothers pushing baby buggies, seniors driving carts that think the wheelchair stations are an ideal place to sit with their carts and drivers who refuse or don't even know policy regarding what is or is not allowed in the wheelchair stations. Anyway this post is only slightly about this issue. Twice this week I've had to disembark the bus when trying to load because once I was on board there was a person in power chair already secured in one of the wheelchair stations. These are folks and big chairs like mine. There is no room available to execute a 225° turn. I have cars first tried to execute such an maneuver and realized that was not possible forcing me again to you board the bus and coming backwards just not a problem for me I can backup pretty good. It's just a pain in the butt when it could've been eased by the bus operator letting me know that there was a power chair on board already and perhaps coming on backwards would be ideal to coming in forward. I know this is just one more item to pile on a driver and may not be fair but the time saved for the driver as well as reduction stress for the passenger I think would be worth the driver's efforts. Yesterday, I boarded the bus the re-boarded the bus and found myself sitting next to a quadriplegic in a major power chair.. I cannot find the make with the chairs huge and so is the user. Is a quiet type, fairly involved T drive iin the chair has the ability to recline and I think elevate it's a pretty elaborate system of like to know what the speed is but I don't dare speak with the driver of the chair irradiates hostility – – that could be me as well. The chair operator is Hispanic and I'll bet an inactive gang member – – that's very cheap of me to conclude just from ethnicity and spinal cord injury… But I bet I'm right. Twice now I have sat next to this person while boarding 217 northbound.I would very much like to know this guy find out more of his history. I have no good reason to know this history aside from salacious curiosity. I also like to know how long he has been disabled,, of course the etiology would be fascinating,, but most importantly how he is doing not only in emotional status but in physical status, how does he do is attendant care, houses skin, where is he going school? Work?. Where does he live? Does he live by himself, with family, who provides his assistance which is kind of redundant something I have already asked. Just a ton of questions. I hesitate just because I don't think I would want someone else prying into my life on public transit with the ghoul inside of mewould really like to know.. I actually took an image with my cell phone playing like I was doing a selfi. Boy, I bet he'd be pissed off if he knew I ripped his image.. Oh well life is hard..

No comments: