Friday, July 07, 2023

Cookout! Watchout!

 


I cannot believe that I actually got semi-excited about today's summer cookout in the common area on the back patio of the building. I don't know what I was thinking when I was coming for some grilled hamburger with all the fixings. And the event actually started out pretty good. I got there about an hour before the start happening and Rochelle was there of course the company side and the meat was provided by one of the local vampires always hosting these kind of its attempts to suck off more clients to their care programs. That should've been a red fl nough for me to a boycottedThe event but I think I still have some of that Fourth of July illusion hanging over me. Actually jumped in and helped Rochelle carry things out to the table in the back by the barbecue pit. Tablecloths of them but on the tables and reset the holding up pretty much. Gayle the resident advisor put in charge of cooking hamburgers will do a great job Even better once they found a spatula. Clearly not a lot of thought this operation. There is only one bottle of ketchup, mustard and Mayo.


I thought things started going south when the residents/neighbors started bringing all the side dishes they've been assigned. Clearly these people did not want to be outside in the sunshine – – when I 1st got out there was blessed clouds blocking the heat that would be. The time for the barbecue was 12:30 PM and is getting restless. There seem to be countless complaints of macaroni salad, potato salad, German salad, Jell-O, and a host of items like cakes and other homemade treats. Everything that I have it set up outside at the barbecue pit now is being moved inside as the line of residents grew and became somewhat despondent. Gayle was doing an admirable job in producing these hamburgers. The hamburgers were ferried from the barbecue to the common area where the tables and chairs are. A giant Line had formed. They did try to send the folks in wheel chairs and walkers 1st to get their meals without this added to the problems that so many of folks meeting that description. Like I said there was just one mustard bottle, was bottle of ketchup, and one squeeze bottle of mayonnaise. Each individual seem to take an eternity and decorating their hamburgers.


Nothing wrong with the common actually beautiful but the common rooms also huge and gloomy on a summer day and I was not just get stuck in the common room surrounded by individuals who have succumbed to the belief they had be served. I actually told up one plate for me… Everything is I went to the door. Bushell was grand inputting another played together another plate for me. At that point I just want something meet and to vanish. I thought the hamburgers were done pretty well the hamburger buns was another issue somewhat sterile kind of hard in the best I could do was wildly shoot the continents on the buns with a spoon of relish, cheese a few onions and sliced tomato that I screwed up my little table outside. I must've been quite hungry Because the hamburger was Delicious. I quite enjoyed a couple pieces of watermelon and the bottle of water – – 8 ounces. I I decided against any dessert it just wasn't worth it. I don't know why we continue to do this kind of operation never turns out well. We should just kick in and have the whole thing catered.


I'm granted another year on |this dirt ball and begin the top of a summer cookout arises I think I'll just pass and leave the the Illusion Alive…

No comments: