Sunday, July 23, 2023

Trencher





 It's been kind of a weird weather day lots of clouds almost sucked in dark billowy things which one would think holds lots of promise of lightning and thunder and possibly even rain. Along with the clouds there's also been gusts of wind it's also leads to the hope of possible moisture but so far nothing has happened. The clouds taunt me floating there looking mean and foreboding but they don't do anything. It's been a semi busy day for a Sunday. Started out of course getting up kind of early waking up about 5:45 and finally getting up at 6:00 a.m. in order to be ready by the time 8:00 a.m. rolls around. Invariably some folks are late to breakfast but that's okay as long as I'm there I can secure the table and enjoy the atmosphere and coffee until kids show up- - which they eventually did.


Getting to the restaurant was a bit more of a challenge still quite doable right now but in a very near future I think that's going to change. I'm going to have to really think my way around the road construction which seems to be looming. Last week they started slicing the asphalt up for the upcoming Trench they'll be digging in the next couple of weeks. I've seen this happen in other parts of Redwood Road and it really does quite cause a mess. The only thing that seems to survive is the driveways into people's business establishments and such. This construction is really going to have a negative effect on business for the rest of the summer. It's going south as well and not only is traveling going to be difficult on and around the sidewalks there's no place really set aside for the UTA buses too navigate close enough to put down their lifts. These drivers get kind of squirrely and anything that looks a little bit challenging to them but try to take the easy way out which is not load the person at all. The trench they're digging is about 4 ft wide and I don't know how many feet deep 4 to 6 ft deep and they're either laying cable or replacing cable I'm not sure it really looks tenuous if you ask me. I may have to figure out a way to get on the bus and go into the college and they're transferred to either 48 or 217 whatever. I think it's going to be awkward at best. We'll see on Tuesday when I have to go to assist for the volunteer meeting.


Good morning breakfast was quite almost rambunctious with my granddaughter who seems to be a budding Republican trying to make sense out of everything that's going on in your world. It's a little spooky trying to talk with her because she's such a little absolutist but hopefully we can lower the past this. And maybe at some point in time real life she'll remember and come back. Luckily we're able to keep the communication going and enjoying each other's company at the time being. Hopefully it'll always be this way. It's kind of hard to get to points across sometimes. After breakfast we all went our separate ways. I thought about going to a movie or something but I just didn't want to try to beat the Heat and freeze to death all the way through the movies. I've got to find one of my blankets I know I've got some little bitty throw blankets that would work. As much as I do not want to I may have to go to the Attleboro movie again cuz I don't see any or remember any of the images they show in the previews that's part of the movie and now I know a part of the cast are people I really like that might make a difference in how I enjoy the movie as well. But I'm going to have to find some sort of blanket of some sort to enjoy the movie with

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let political views or opinions separate you from your friends and family. Respect that they have an opinion, and they should do the same for you. It is not about winning or losing in a political discussion, it is about understanding the opposing views and trying to find commonality.