Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Totally Tuesday

 I really cannot believe that I am not able to put my shoes on independently, with my chair the way that it is right now. I hope I'm not just blowing smoke and that no matter what happened to my chair I'll not be able to finish dressing as I used to. I was going to try to wear shoes today going in for my assist meeting but I had one shoe on and then when I went to cross my legs to put on my shorts by shoe came off! I knew I could struggle to try to put that shoe on and I might be able to have made it but I only had a couple hours before my meeting and I wanted to make sure that I didn't waste the time on something is extraneous as shoes in the middle of summer. My biggest issue is the do I lose any credibility- - as if I had any anyway- - wandering around downtown without any shoes on. The way that my foot pedal/foot box is constrained right now tipping radically up I think someone has to be totally looking for feet without shoes to find them in my shoebox right now. I wish I had not lost my Avengers blanket that was perfect for hiding feet. So, I made the decision early on rather than fight the shoes leave them I finished getting dressed wandered out to the bus stop after a fast bowl of corn Chex and milk.


Gray skies with lots of wind and every once in a while sun shines through but the temperatures are still pretty warm not overbearingly hot like it has been but still pretty toasty. I got down to the library pretty early got some coffee I hung out in the library for 45 minutes until it was time to get to my meeting. Andreas my friend who runs the meetings keep saying he has all these tons of applications to approve and there's really not very many at all I'd be surprised if there was 10 today. It gets me out of there pretty fast and gets my job done. Since I was downtown and it's Tuesday meaning that Robert and Company will be in the workshop at the ucat building I figured out stop by and see if they can help fix the chair. That's a long story and it took a while but we finally got the main reason I stopped in there and that was to fix the receiver of left arm rest and to get the right armrest fixed as well. That's also able to ask questions about the other power chair and it seems like what really happened is that the batteries went so low that the charger I had is too weak to charge them so Robert who runs the shop indicated that he would stop by with a trickle charger which will revive the batteries if anything can. I've got the charger on now and I'll run it all night and see if that'll kick the batteries over. I might need new batteries that will be expensive.


I finally got home and that was a trip as well because I seem to have destroyed two buses today just by being. When I was waiting to catch the bus number four from downtown Salt Lake over to Rehabilitation where the wheelchair repair shop is. One cycle the bus didn't show up which of course that particular route runs every half an hour making me wait almost another hour in the Sun and the heat waiting for the next bus. Then on the way home I was on the bus, I just gotten on actually on the 217 Southbound and all the sudden all the electrical systems on the bus completely phase out. The bus has nothing but a lump on the road. Though Kimberly the driver says it's not my fault I know that it is just as I'm sure I wasted the bus on Route 4 earlier in the day. I am the Destroyer after all. I'm just glad I got home, got a couple popsicles in me dropping my body temperature and then relaxed for the rest of the day…

No comments: