Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sundays sweat

 I didn't sleep that well I don't know why really except for I wanted to make sure I was up early enough to get dressed and not be late for breakfast with Marc Anthony I should have realized that he would not make the 8:00 time but I wasn't sure so I think I woke up around 4:30ish a.m. and just sort of watch the clock until it's time to get up. Surprisingly I didn't have as much problem dressing as I anticipated though I did use up most of the time at allocated to the dressing component of the morning.


It was just Mark and I for breakfast the kids are at Strawberry Reservoir or something but that's okay we enjoyed our company we talked. Interestingly the group that sits next to us I find as a group of at least two retired drivers for Utah Transit Authority we spoke today more than we've ever done before cuz I was waiting for Marc Anthony so it was interesting that they knew a lot of the stuff that I was talking about vice versa. It's interesting to be quasi friends with these people who just happened to be at the table behind us every week. I thought about having Mark come over to the apartment after breakfast to help me transfer into the other chair but I decided I'd stick in this chair and have Melissa transfer me tomorrow after the shower. I spent good part of the day when I wasn't out trying to read and take a nap outside my window working on the kid letters. I got them finished pretty much and I even got them printed out along with the envelopes. I had a little trouble with the letters themselves because I was trying to print from the tablet. I'm still learning how to use this tablet that I've had for years and not really use it that much for creativity. Now I'm using it daily at least from the blog standpoint and the journal. Aside from that it was a pretty quiet day because I had such a large breakfast I really didn't eat much until this evening and that was just watermelon and cheese and some Ritz crackers. Well I had my pepper soup with half a can of tomatoes and green chiles which made a zesty drink. I also mixed up some more flavored water drink material something red fruit punch Fruit Juicy Hawaiian Punch. I'm using it to try to keep hydrated. I'm doing better the last couple days that I have been I can't believe how little water I take in and still I'm able to get by pretty well. Actually that's why I woke up early also was that I had to use the bag during the night to pee everything came out all right and I'm okay.


Watching the local news tonight sounds like the heat Dome is about ready to move on and we're going to go into the Monsoon mode again which means the temperature is going to drop down in the 80s. I won't complain except for I do like the superheat but I guess it's not all that healthy for everybody else and probably isn't that healthy for me but I sure enjoy it a few weeks of the year that we have this kind of heat. I don't know how fortunate that I am or if it's fortunate all or at least good fortune it's not but unless the public takes some firm stands on Industrial fuel in other kinds of fuel we're going to cook ourselves into an oblivion and the hot weather will just become the norm. I don't know how true this is, it sure seems that way when you live through it especially to see how radical temperatures have changed over just the last 10 years it's pretty significant. But I'm going to enjoy what's left of this summer and pray that I see another. I still have to get some $10 bills for the letters tomorrow and then send them off on Tuesday the 1st…

No comments: