Monday, July 24, 2023

Pioneer Day 2023!

It's Pioneer Day! The day when Utah pioneers came into this desolate Valley almost 200 years ago and claimed it as theirs. Of course, it's a state holiday not federal and the Yahoo's who like to blow things up are using it as a blank check to explode anything they can get their hands on in the name of Celebration and honor to those past. This Years celebration is turning out a bit different in Salt Lake anyway. We're having a bit of a storm even a little rain to speak of more sprinkles than anything else but huge dark clouds are trying to organize themselves into some sort of a statement. Wind has come up during the afternoon and evening hours and it's quite nice to see all the leaves and branches and trees paying homage to the gusts of the storm. On the positive side for many the wind in dark clouds have greatly reduced the temperatures that have Rock the to the upper 90s this afternoon. Not anymore it'll be cooler for the rest of the evening. I'm sure the heat will return tomorrow with less chance of afternoon storms.


As for me it was another quiet day in the apartment. Didn't have any place to go I didn't necessarily want to spend any money and I was unsure of what the bus schedules were cuz it is a state holiday and UTA runs buses on holidays sometimes but just with less frequencies. I looked on the internet online and then I tried to call the authority either way no answer was just enough deterrent to keep me from going out. But I stayed inside and outside reading and eating popsicles and a sloppy joe. I sliced up some whole jalapeno peppers which I kind of enjoyed I'm getting better the message are quite so significant and the smell of vinegar isn't quite as prevalent as the first couple of projects. I still have two big cans of the peppers Shelly sent me so I have time to continue my skill development of cutting up peppers for my morning drink. I've started using diced vegetable especially tomatoes in the drink as well which is really quite good. They make a spicy diced tomato option in the can good section which adds a lot of flavor to this ice cold drink which I used as my morning beverage more often than not.


The rain chased me into the apartment a few minutes ago. It really wasn't raining it was sprinkles nice summer evening sprinkles. There's just enough moisture to Enlighten the concrete to give up its odors which instantly takes me back to other memories of wet concrete are more specifically with cement are wet plaster. All of them have great historical roots for me especially the plaster. What concrete always reminds me of my dad plastering walls in the basement of our house on later when he was finishing the basement. It was the greatest smell. I miss those odors and I'm truly thankful for a summer rain to bring them back

No comments: