Monday, July 10, 2023

Measuring Monday



I cannot believe it! I just lost a 700 Word document of today's post to my blog! I don't know what I did but I was completely finished with it and I was going to save it to the blog site and I must have hit the wrong button and there's been no way I can retrieve it.:-( so here it goes I'm going to try again.


I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked primarily because I was worried about how the morning was going to go with the new/ substitute lady for Melissa who's on vacation. I was contacted by the agency last week that this was going to happen and that she was coming at 5:30 a.m. and would that be a problem. I indicated that was pretty early but you know I could survive and so whether or not that was a reason I woke up around 4:00 a.m. and couldn't really get back to sleep. As up at 5:00 a.m. and got a lot of my stuff done I've got coffee made and cleaned up a little bit in the kitchen and was finishing my catheterization when the individual walked in. I was a bit surprised she was well past middle age and she barely spoke English and I don't know how much she understood English and I wasn't sure how much she understood what my needs were. I am finding with this agency they don't really fill in their people when they start a new person. I mean they've always assured me that the people knew what my needs were and many times the people didn't know anything about what was going to need. She was a champ though between our broken English and her broken Romanian or whatever we got the process done. She even did the suppository fairly well. I must admit I feel concerned that the bowel movement itself was not a very good evacuation but I think I got enough out to get by until Wednesday when Melissa is back. I also felt a bit stressed out because she was supposed to be here at 5:30 a.m. and then she's about 20 minutes late and then start looking at her watch like she had some place to be. It seems like she has her regular nursing job up at the University Hospital and had to be on line at 7:00 a.m. so she really need to travel that half hour from our place here in Taylorsville up to the U. I need to probably do some soul searching in that how thankful I am with Melissa who I think regularly goes over the hour that I should be doing my stuff in but I think that Gloria also let me slip a little bit TimeWise but we always got a pretty decent bowel movement in the shower. This lady,5 I could not even pronounce her name was nice about everything and maybe on a long-term basis she would work out okay but it would be real challenging to say the least. Hopefully I'll be glad when Melissa is back.


I did run to the market today and pick up some green sliced Peppers to go with my drink. Makes a big difference. I still need to travel and get some a can opener that will handle the big industrial cans that I have. I also got a green pepper and some onion with the idea of making sloppy joes for tonight and that's what I did. I watched two movies during the day on Netflix then made dinner tonight and messed up the kitchen. I also found out that I have an assist, ink meeting tomorrow which I thought sure we did not but that's okay gets me up gets me out gets me enjoying the day. I have to be careful however because the one stop that I used to pick up no longer functions. Long story it's frustrating. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight…

No comments: