Saturday, September 05, 2020

Bye Bye 90°

 



Heat glorious heat! Once again the temperatures in the upper 90s, record shattering temperatures for this late in September. However I'm totally enjoying the “heat wave”. Annette, my clean person, actually showed up before 8 AM this morning which was great we were pretty much finished by 9:30 AM. I really tried to talk myself into being a good D00 B EE and staying in the apartment, isolated, free of risk and enjoying the clean rooms. I really wanted a watermelon, after all to holiday weekend and it may be the last watermelons really available this season – – if there is a season of watermelons anymore everything's blended together – – it was a good excuse the climate of the chair about the bus-stop and ride up to 5600 S. to the Walmart.


To me, the Walmart is a retreat, a reprieve from the isolation of the Covid 19 virus. I don't know how smart it is to be going out in public like this but I masked up and the people are all masked at the market and on the bus is all kinds of sanitation and prophylaxis everywhere. This plus social distancing it seems to be in good use made the experience fairly safe Elyse that's how I felt. Once I the market I was a bit flummoxed because were I always picked up my watermelons they were gone. I was really worried that perhaps there were gone for the season. I grabbed one of the many Walmart Associates but soon to be floating around today who informed me that the to watermelon bins had been moved to different parts of the store and sure enough I found a nice bin of melons to choose from and of course there's a high wall around the cardboard box melons are kept in. I did my best pathetic look and finally cornered one of the shoppers as she walked by giving her my story of I needed help grabbing a watermelon. I've given up asking the individual who is picking the watermelon to choose a smaller watermelon but you know what even the small looking watermelons and the giant box of melons, when pulled out seem rather large to me so I take whatever watermelon is presented to me and I'm happy.


So there I am with my over the shoulder bag at one end of my brown basket (thank you Dennis Dahl) and finished by shopping. The really is nothing else that I needed but I picked up some bagels (thin bagels 100 cal per bagel versus 240 I suppose it makes a difference) then produce. A nice head of cabbage, a stock of romaine lettuce I even bought a small package of sludge: chive and onion flavored cream cheese. I even got a bag of grapefruit red grapefruit ruby red grapefruit. It's weird I cannot get bags of grapefruit at my local market across the street so I got this bag. I got sucked into a Internet article on how good red grapefruit were for your health that's all I needed. I was really surprised when I went through the check stand $21 that was all! The weight on my legs from the items of my basket felt like much more. I grabbed my booty and ran straight to the McDonald's and got myself a cheeseburger. I enjoyed the heat so much when I went to the bus stop I just kept on going all the way home. A cold front coming in late Monday and snow is forecast for the mountains so long 90° weather hope to see you soon…

No comments: