Monday, September 21, 2020

Framed Blue Nude

 



I'm very excited this last day of summer – – evening now that I'm writing this – – I feel spent a fairly productive day, this bizarre summer of the Covid virus. I could be letting my guard down or maybe I'm just getting used to the new normal of wearing face masks everywhere and usually for as long as you're going to be where your every. Like yesterday, I was at the movies (the first time since the whole Covid things started) and I wore a black mask the entire movie even though there were only two other souls in the movie theater and they were up on an upper balcony. I did, I really felt at risk should I remove my mask so I was quite compliant living in the power the mask and that I would be protected through the movie I only wish thatI have takenAdvantage ofType before the movie started an gone to the restroom before the movie started. I suffered through the whole movie and I couldn't cath until I got home needless to say I was a mess but that goodness I have a hairdryer and soon I was good to go. But as you can tell I've been somewhat diverted.


This morning I texted my neighbor to see if she wanted to have coffee over at Hidden Peaks or the redneck coffee shop. I felt like I wanted to get out and I did not visit my neighbor all weekend long. We need to catch up and we did. In the course the conversation I bemoaned the fact that it was taking me a while to get my Picasso into the frames and up onto the wall. Billie, my neighbor, has volunteered more than once to assist me when I needed help and today I would try to pick up on that act of volunteerism. I asked if she would give me a hand in trying to put the poster into one of the frames I purchased last week. I was kind of hoping I could have Mark Anthony help me but that didn't materialize, I put out a couple leads on text for them to get back with me but I don't think he saw them I don't know how well he is at this point either, so I'm not really pressing issues of assistance. Billie and I had a great conversation lasting hours at the coffee shop when we finally broke up I asked her if I called her which she come and help me with the project and she said yes.


We got off to a bit of a rough start and Billie informed me she thought she lost her hearing aid somewhere at the coffee shop. I took off to see if I can see anything at the coffee shop luckily she found her hearing aid at her apartment. I came back and we got the frame and the artwork and headed down to the common room really have a number of large tables which perfectly worked for us to frame the Picasso. Luckily one of our friends, Maria happened by and ended up giving us a great deal of assistance. Once again I did very little but sure the crew on and get screwdrivers and other items needed. It took us a bit but the two ladies got the poster in the frame in the frame together again. The result is remarkable. I have to get wire or some kind of cord for the back of the frame so I can hang the artwork. I'll probably make a trip up to JoAnn's or even across the street to the hardware store. I'm very close and really excited. I'm now building up the courage to order the Chagall or Miro or maybe both I just have to learn some control…



No comments: