Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Lunch At the Drive-thru--Not!

 



There are so many things flitting around my brain these days I find it hard to focus on one item. Remember yesterday I'd gone to the us to care lab on 4700 S. and about 3800 W., a good bus trip from my apartment. When I went to the process as noted in yesterday's blog posting. What was totally interesting was lunch. I've noticed that after I do something fairly significant attempt to work myself. Dianne and I do this a lot when we were married. Most often it was a trip to the hospital cafeteria depending on where we were at. Well, I had the same notion after the blood draw. When I went into the laboratory I noticed there is a Popeyes just on the other block. I had been to this restaurant before not this specific restaurant, and it was a really good experience for remembered right I wanted to maybe replicate the experience and just celebrate one more step will be in medically responsible. So, following the lab experience across the road to the restaurant


Popeyes was definitely open there were cars driving through the pickup lane that it really think much of the whole situation. Everything looked normal. I saw people inside seem like a large group of people all things considered. I was heartened as I rolled up to the selection kiosk looked what Popeyes had to offer. It was kind of weird it didn't seem like the menu was robust as much as The menu offered when Dianne and I went. Just the same menu looked good enough to eat and so a narrow down my order. A kinder really wanted Hush Puppies but I did not see them offered which I thought was kind of weird but c'est la vie. I finally decided , and I rolled up to the counter up to the counter. There other folks in line Waiting to place their order. We waited, and we waited and I started to get that twilight zone feeling, you know that feeling when there is something that is not just right with this picture but you can't quite put your finger on it. We even did the customer look at each other like “what's going on here”. I kept waiting for one of the staff to take one of the other folks orders and finally they got their attention in the staff just pointed to the hallway. Weird. I kept trying to get noticed as well but I was totally invisible at least I thought. Now we are beginning to make some noise because wanted to get some food. Finally, one of Popeye staff pointed again to the sign which we found the red said “pickup orders here” then the staff pointed outside. I don't know if the staff didn't know English or just didn't want to talk but we finally got the idea which was to make your order outside by walking through the drive-thru with all the cars (remember the post I did a few months ago about having to go through the drive-through teller at the bank/credit union?) One patron look to the other shrugged her shoulders and left the building I was about to when I heard “help him” and I think the restaurant manager was pointed towards me so I got the impression it was like he doesn't have to go through the drive thru. This felt a little weird for the same point at this point in time I just want to get some lunch. Nothing happen though the counter help did not take my order or maybe they would've if I had stayed around, but I've had enough. I noticed the Burger King as I wandered into Popeyes and I thought “you know what? Burger King would be too bad”. I zoomed out of Popeyes making sure I slammed the glass door hard.Luckily the door to did not shatter unluckily had no problems at Burger King I grabbed my basic burger and jalapeno peppers and zoomed out onto the street more than ready for the bus…

No comments: