Wednesday, September 09, 2020

When In Rome…

 



Thank goodness the storm is passed and thank goodness the days are warming up , I expect too much after all were just a few weeks from fall equinox. The days are supposed to get cooler special with the autumn winds. But I'm just not ready yet as seen by my odometer which is basically reading 1.9 miles is all it put on my chair today action is not true that's also counting yesterday. As you can tell, since I'm not able to get out our and not going out because it's cooler I just don't want to have to deal with the cold just yet, I don't have anything to write about. I stayed close into the apartment all day therefore I have no adventures. I am delighted to announce however that the third volume in the current series I reading came today and last night I finished volume 2. I don't ever remember timing something as good as I have this series of novels that I'm reading right now. Since, I don't really have anything to write about I'm going to do this addition on an image that I just and totally infatuated with.


I don't think I've put this image up before. As the backlit apartment house in Rome Italy. I have an Internet friend I've written about a couple times over the years who lives in the Netherlands but she loves to go to Rome. She's transfixed with everything Roman or Italian. She loves Italian movies, art and cooking and architecture. I'm totally interested in this apartment complex/building. I'm not sure I've seen the front of this building but the back totally intrigues me. I don't know how old the structure is I would like to think it was made or built before the war WWII. But probably not. What intrigues me most than anything is the closet type of construction built off one of the rooms in the apartment. As near as I can tell it's on the fourth floor. You can tell there's some server room there because there seems to be a little window on the other floors in the same region but somewhere along the line that looks like somebody just added on to their apartment. Makes you wonder if they got it okay before they constructed the little room. It's really not much larger than the utility closet looks like. Maybe it's the extension on the the restroom. It looks like a shower area possibly. Maybe they put in the sauna or something. Either way I'm just intrigued by the whole structure and especially the little box they've built on the back of the building. The whole place reeks to me of European romantic architecture. I envision the whole place is catacombed with secret passages and nooks and quaint little hideaways. Even the ground-level and the back is so gnarly it's hard to figure out how anyone gets in and out. But once again I envision university students, medical students and whatever coming going in this building all day long, all year long decade after decade. I'll bet it was cheap housing at one time but now is probably extraordinarily expensive like anything in a world-class town whether it's New York City or San Francisco are Rome Italy. Clearly, even if I were rich I doubt that I would ever be able to enjoy exploring this property just because it's so it accessible to anybody in a wheelchair.oh well at least the world is consistent in its prejudice towards people with disabilities…

No comments: