Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Trolling For Green

 


When did thedentists start charging for teeth cleaning? I've noticed the last two or three times I sat in the chair to have my teeth cleaned and checked up on that is cost be around $170! He noted that weird consumer thing were the first time you just it slide second time And put the payment on the top of the balance you are striving to pay off the second time you do a double take like is this a mistake and once again you have slide. Now, you have the whole pile of debt paid off and you've vowed to keep it that way. Check up and the teeth cleaning today. I really like the dentist and I like his crew are all good folks and friendly you know that real family feeling (until you can't make payments probably but I like to think that will not happen). I actually worried about my dentist's state of health for a number of reasons. We've actually become friends he got me a bottle of booze for Christmas. I've asked about his family, his history and private side. We go Little bit deeper than regular professional/consumer relationship. I feel the same way for staff I think I get away with stuff as far as coming and going from the building in general schmoozing. They think I'm adorable I can tell.


Like I said I don't remember them charging me for teeth cleanings/checkups before. And if they did their charge of my insurance. I don't remember seeing the bill are paying for such service. This is okay but really is probably just another level of my retirement. But I've been thinking about the whole concept of the checkup. The topical or cursory level aspect of the checkup is to make sure your dental hygiene is up to spec that everything is clean and looks good but not the just trolling? Open your mouth which have a look inside look look look pick pick pick scratch scratch scratch out there is one, and there's another one and another. Maybe not that bad but they generally pull a cavity two out of the hat it seems like. Today found about two not a lot. Almost $200 for the work and that's okay I get that. Just as much as the doc needs my money to cover whatever he does like extensive bear hunting moose hunting trips and territories he has no business being in sense of who gets the widow maker out there never never land he's a goner and I'm trolling for another dentist. And the almost $200 is something I put on my medical expenses at the beginning of each rent year hoping to hit that number which bring my rent even lower. So I don't fret paying like I used to. Luckily, I have enough space on my credit card that I'm not financially terrorized as I used to. I also know in the back of my mind that they would let me break the payment up into 2 to 3 payments or more if I needed. I sometimes toyed with this thinking about implants but nothing serious right now.


What is really interesting now is that you just don't make an appointment to have your dental work done. When the technicians finished polishing the teeth and doing the fluoride rinse and shovel off to the corner with their financial person. It's weird, I don't remember this before not for just fillings, but she presents me with an estimate for the work to be done. To fillings to be about $180. She shoves the document at me like “are you good for this?” I shove it back and say yeah I'm good for it, I'm good for all of it. This is when the question of insurances come up. “Insurance or self-pay”? Insurance I say really believing I still have insurance-I do sorts and I know this – my provider rather than paying a portion election to pay a group discount that's okay. I guess I don't have insurance per se but all I can think of either. We schedule for the appointment next Thursday at 8 AM. She wanted to make the appointment later but I had the seller on the idea I was good for an 8 AM appointment. The appointment is a week from tomorrow and I'm kind of excited this'll get me done till March my next checkup…

No comments: