Friday, September 18, 2020

Desire

 

Me on the bus named Desire


I don't know why perhaps it's just the promise of the incoming storm, not a big storm mind you but a change in the weather all the same, but I felt a little anxious one to get out and get going as soon as Annette was finished with my morning ritual. I was bathed that, toileted and dressed and ready to go. I think I just want to be out enjoys much of this weather as I could before the advent of winter and the cold ways of the cold days. It was difficult to tell whether it was smoke in the sky or clouds from the pending storm that blunted the sunlight as I waited for the bus. The day was still warm, warm before the storm, I was just going in the Costco get my glasses or frames worked on. Somewhere along the line one of the lens had popped from the frames. This was the best excuse I could come up with for a trip in the Costco and it worked.


I don't know if it was the virus or what Costco was not too crowded which is okay by me. There is no waiting at the eyeglass station and got overachieving technician straightaway working on my glasses. I just thought he was going to pop the lens back into the frames and perhaps tighten up the screws a little but notice guys going full bore popped out both lands and was in the middle of swabbing down the frames and even installing new nose pieces. I was impressed so much so that some cells goodness for free I might will get my eyes examined. It'd been quite a while since my last pair of glasses. $65 later I was done with the prescriptions and wanting to get back to the apartment. Got to stop spending money! But, for a $1.65 I bought one of their dogs. I wasn't sure what I might get at Costco source packing this little wicker basket I picked up somewhere along the line everything fit into it just perfectly. I want to make sure I got out of the next bus so I headed down to the train station for the trip back home. A friend called and advised me she was coming over to drop off some produce she had raised in her garden and I did not want to miss her.


The driver loaded me onto the bus and we still had a few minutes to wait that's okay I had to concentrate on not peeing pants. I noticed this guy with a bizarre gate walking on the other side of the train tracks. He was actually crossing the train tracks something totally stupid, I mean walking to the edge of the platform getting down and walking across the two sets of tracks and climbing up on the other side. No doubt this is the problem that got in the weird walking gait that is dealing with now totally stupid. You look like some cross between the walking dead in a motorcycle helmet commercial. Thank goodness he walked past my boss. I did notice however the guys eyes radiated anger like the villain On the Netflix series The Boyz This guy was trouble the matter how you painted the canvas. I was doing pretty good meditating focusing on keeping my sphincter closed. The driver ambled onto the bus and crank the engine over then to my displeasure the walking dead approached the bus, of course, this young version of Stanley was getting on the new version of the Bus(Streetcar) Named Desire. I didn't want any problems which one to get home cath. The driver was standing on the outside of the bus and they had a small conversation. The driver got on and Stanley followed. Before Stanley crossed the threshold however the driver stopped him and said “where's your mask”

Stanley “I don't have one”

driver “I have one here for you you must put it on”


Stanley “Nah I don't want to wear one” Said with conviction

Driver: I don't care…


At this point Stanley takes the cheap, blue mask, goes past toward the rear of the bus. Stanley to stop it on his mask the driver. We just started away from the bus stop and the driver stopped the vehicle and demands that Stanley applies mask, Stanley refuses there's a standoff. There is attention on the bus course real-life drama, just like what's happening in the world today you can't pay with this kind of drama. Eventually, Stanley relents and I guess affixes his mask because we go on our way back until the driver would a kick Stanley's little ass, off the bus just for something to do. Which is okay by me because my bladder is beginning to ache.


What I thought was really interesting on just a side note was that I heard a very loud commotion in the back as the standoff was going on. I think some of the passengers around Stanley had had enough and are yelling at him. It almost sounded like a lynching. I was kind of impressed these people were taking the Covid 19 seriously in this silly little Stanley was threatening everybody by his refusal to wear the mask and I think these folks would to beat this not out of him if he continued to do so. The standoff ended of course with the bus driver winning but the driver also said which I thought was very indicative “I'm giving you a free ride the least you could do is wear the mask”.


I wish that had my wits about me and had been able to get an image of Stanley. Somewhere I cannot hope he has a Stella waiting for them…

No comments: