Monday, September 14, 2020

A Catheter Bouquet

 



I keep a bouquet of catheter stick to my bed so when nature calls in the middle of the night I can just roll over and pull one of the catheters out of a container train and go back to sleep if I'm lucky. I don't remember if I've shared but one morning I found this beautiful crystal vase on the sharing shelf and I brought it to my apartment and put it next to my bed. I put the catheters in and everything was just perfect. The crystal container of catheters kind of a my room a classic. Well, the container lasts about two weeks. I don't know how my home health/cleaning person managed that I heard a crash and instantly knew that my classy catheter container was no more. I was just glad I was not the one who destroyed the container as it usually is the case with wreck-it Mark. The glasses free no big deal. Annette was was brilliant and found a cardboard box which almost worked is good but I did wreck the box when I rolled into the box a couple times getting ready for bed.


I was pleased this morning when I opened my door to find my errant packages! I knew I was getting the poster but the other packages totally slipped my mind are actually I knew it was coming I just didn't think it would be here so soon. My Picasso came today “Blue Nude”(see yesterday's post). I pulled the image out of the round container shipped in and it's a pretty big piece of work. 24” x 36” I am going to need a large frame. Also over the weekend, I purchased a couple great frying pans and I need a lid to cover one of the pans. I figure the best place would be theDeseret Industries or DI the giant, local culture thrift store chain. I saddled up and took off traveling 30 blocks south. I was kind of bummed out when I got to the store and found the DI closed ! The reason I was at the thrift center was because people often drop artwork off and whereas I might not be impressed with the art chances are I could find a decent frame for my Picasso. I saw there was a thrift store in the same area. The thrift store is very crowded close quartered in with a lot of junk there is nothing there that I needed. I even passed through a pawn shop where that is always interesting, these palaces of broken dreams, there is nothing there that I could use. That out of the corner of my eyes as I was heading for the bus stop I spotted Goodwill. Dianne got me into the Goodwill as an alternative shopping destination to the DI. Sometimes they charged a bit more but frequently had much better choices. And the same held true on Redwood Road. There was many full-blown framed pictures, nice frames and some nice pictures. I realized I'm not to be able to purchase a frame and try to carry it home on my lap. I'm going to have to take Annette or Billy or someone who has a vehicle and can carry the treasure home. I was pleased. I then spent some time looking around the rest of the Goodwill and there was a glass and metal cylindrical container just perfect for my catheter needs and sturdy enough to stand up to my power chair. I also found a great coffee cup replace will be broken earlier in the year. The cup this is because I would like this got the same image of the Café Martin in Paris or New Orleans or somewhere cool. I had a great time shopping and I'm looking forward to returning to the Goodwill and all the treasures therein…

No comments: