Thursday, September 24, 2020

New Normal A. T. Council

 



What a week! I've had three meetings and I have one more meeting tomorrow, tomorrow's meeting however is a “tela-appointment”, just as it sounds a medical appointment with my primary care physician over the Internet. This of course is not surprising but still kind of a shock a little dismay and a whole lot of envy. The point of this is not how much my primary care doc is going to make by jumping on his Internet connection i.e. cell phone art tablet or whatever Apple has out and asking me a number of questions and that's it 10 minutes – 20 minutes max I'll bet. That's cool my doc works hard, is an internist and to be honest with you I did not even know he was my primary physician. I sort of knew our thought at one time we set something like that up but the last bunch of years I've been seeing this other doc who are really liked: a physiatrist . Last year or so she's dumped her practice is doing full-time clinical medicine. I don't totally understand but her office advised me to get a new primary care doc and when I contacted my internist for a referral they informed me that Dr. Allred, my internist was my primary care physician. So, they got me on a immediate opening doctor visit tomorrow. But that's not what this days blog is about.


Today was the latest A. T. Council meeting. This was the first meeting since coronavirus or Covid swept over the world changing everything. I actually did a little research on my old blogs and I have a number of installments covering A T Council meetings. We are part of the state system so all of the state councils and meetings are now over Zoom. The software has become the new normal. Of course, what I miss most (there is a lot to be said about seeing your colleagues in person) is the free lunch. For those who wish to know more can search this blog search “Council” you get a lot of other Council meetings that you also get A. T. where I talk about in some cases share images so the great lunches of the past. We now all just login and have a virtual meeting. Truth be told, I kind of like not having to head out for a physical meeting. True, saves a lot of things, state monies, environmental issues no travel, and time in travel. It's all a win-win but I still kind of miss the whole event in person. Having said that I'm retired so I don't have a lot to report. More often than not when I do report notes from the senior standpoint of a user of assistive technology. I do like getting involved in some of the discussions but for the most part I lay low and watch and listen in this my working life. You'll note the image I have today, it's hard to tell but if you blow up the image you see my image in the lower right-hand corner being present at Council meeting…

No comments: