Saturday, September 12, 2020

New Shoe Saturday

 



I really wasn't sure what to expect today. I mean I knew that Annette would be over to do the housekeeping which is cool. I really appreciate the work and effort she she pours into keeping this placed fairly respectable. I've really grown somewhat dependent on her and her ability to keep me going. She asked me on Friday if I be willing to write her support letter. She had a couple other support literacy brought that other individuals in her life had written for her. One letter was from a sister and the other from another family member and of course letters of support for employment usually need to come from folks other than family members. I felt pleased that Annette wanted me to supplier was such a document. There's so little I can do for people who do so much for me but writing letters is something I do relatively well. Now, there's only problem with a good written support letter. The letter may in fact make the difference in that person requesting the letter being hired. I note the double-edged sword for if Annette does get hired she most assuredly will leave leave me as a health care attendant. But I'm not one to stand in the way of personal growth and I wish this girl all the best. Anyway, Annette comes to my apartment on Saturdays and provides me with two hours of labor basic housekeeping. Many days she has other appointments that she must keep and that's fine but today was one of those days for she was free all morning.


For the past couple of months my shoes have gotten more and more decrepit. The Velcro closing the shoe on my right shoe has disintegrated pretty much and we've talked about getting a new pair. Last pair Dianne got me off the Internet. And seemed to be a complicated process so I've never really considered until recently getting another pair. But Annette and I have talked about the possibility of seeing what might be available in stores like Walmart. Only trouble I thought would be how do I buy a pair of shoes without trying them on. Annette suggested that in addition to cleaning this week that we go to Walmart and checked the shoes out. What a great idea but I didn't feel comfortable paying for more time. Then I came up with the idea that why don't I charge Annette couple hours of labor for the support letter. I don't mean to get all Machiavellian but why not? When I broached the idea to Annette she was all happy to do such a trade and this is what we did.


I jumped the bus and headed down to Walmart and linked up with Annette at the store. We found each other and then we found the shoes and I can't believe how great the experience was. There's no way I could've bought the shoes of my own and got the right shoes. Annette was truly in her element, searching and finding all kinds of pairs of shoes and bring them over and trying them on my feet. We must've tried on six pair and found a great pair at a great price! I might even buy another pair just so all have address a pair in case I ever need. So this that wasn't an exciting day but it was a fun day at the market…

No comments: