Monday, September 07, 2020

Happy Labor Day

 


I suspicioned it was gonna be a rough night when I was about ready the turn in after dry evening reading when I dropped the hand held device, called the pendant which operates my bed I use the device to set my bed or a fairly comfortable angle so I could do my reading without much issue and I even had my legs in position in such a way that I would be fairly comfortable doing my reading. I hate it when I drop the pendant. Without the pendant I'm kind of helpless stuck in the bed. Fortunately, most of the time I keep the bed and the lowest position possible since I roll out of my chair into the bed and values the gravity. If our really smart/brave once I get into bed I would the bed to the highest level. So far to drop the pendant or worse the power should go out I would still have the option of rolling into my chair and escaping the bed. So I spent some significant time searching for the pendant I dropped eventually even having to grab one of my sticks to reach down and pull the pendant to where I could reach it with my hand. I was thrilled of course as I always am when I think I've beat the system. So much so I was even thinking of reading another chapter since all that exertion had woken me up significantly.


I read until my eyes were drooping to the point I kept losing consciousness and would have to re read the Paragraph again before realized that already read it once or maybe more both are good indicators that is time to listen to the body and get some shut eye, I was doing adjusting the lamp when all the sudden everything went dark. I did not use the! Just now because even though the darkness kind of freaked me out and the second it went dark I heard the click and that little box by the door to the bathroom where the circuit breakers live. Somehow, I tripped the breaker in this was at first spooky because everything was black, dark the clock radio by my bed, even my cell phone which lights up when I have it plugged in to the charger. Of course depend it didn't work and the charger to my power chair was also not working I was back to the Stone Age. Like I said I was always comfortable in bed, I had my catheters and urinary devices at hand, I had a full charge of my cell phone. I thought about my options I could contact my brother would have to get up and drive over at 12 o'clock at night, I should call the fire department but quite frankly I would be embarrassed to have them come out just to flip the switch on the breaker box. I could scream and yell and try to get somebody's attention but I didn't feel comfortable even thinking about that. My neighbor, Billie has asked that I call her if I need help ever. It was late but since all I needed was someone to punch the switch why not.


Like I said it was now 12 midnight I called my neighbor across the hallway but of course she was asleep. I fretted for 45 minutes but finally decided I will try to sleep through and then wait for my home health person, Annette to be here in the morning. I was kind of worried about Howard is going to sleep through the night but you know what I slept till about 6 AM and I hardly ever get that much sleep. I would've liked it had Annette and on timebut still I was happy to see her smiling face when she finally walk through my bedroom door on this Labor Day holiday. The days turned out great and the storms. Trim this evening but doesn't feel like. Everyone,happy Labor Day!

No comments: