Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Shoe Mystery

 



I got a new pair of shoes last week , and I realize this is not a big deal for most people but for me getting a new pair of shoes is a big deal. It's not like I walk around the whole heckuva lot. The top of the shoes are going to wear out before the bottoms. In my case it's usually the toes of the shoe because I spent a lot of time reading my shoes and of the wall to push my feet back on the footplate of my power chair. However, with my home health person Annette went shopping with me on Saturday a few weeks ago. I also engaged Annette to work privately for me to from time to time. Annette has certain skills far shopping goes and what of those skills is shopping. One of things I find most difficult about shopping for myself is digging out close from the racks and actually trying them on. I do this once and I'm about done for the day whereas Annette is relentless. When we found the shoot that I might like we tried on six pair of different sizes until we home did not pair that met my needs. I am kind of excited now because we've talked about maybe doing the same thing on doing some real clothes shopping. However, shopping for my shoes is not what this is about. I'm intrigued because today on my way to the podiatrist, very early this morning, I came upon this pair shoes on the sidewalk. Oddly, this is not the first pair shoes are shoes that I've encountered. Forensically, I love to just leave the shoes as they are and take a couple images with my cell phone. I then wonder what the story behind the shoes and why are they here at this place, and point in time.


I think it really carried away as I ponder what happened to the owner of the shoes. I of course always default to my most natural conjecture and that's the individual been beamed up by some UFO type operation. Oh how I would love that to happen. Just watching somebody walking around that also “energized” but under some starship orbiting the earth. Of course there's always the evangelical solution which is the quickening or rapture, you know when those (whatever number the sky pilots like to quote” or suddenly translated, teleported or raptured right there on the spot to the happy hunting ground in the sky. I found shoes of bus stops, sidewalks going to them coming from work. I found high heels are high heel in the case and thinking of A black CFM shoe with others in one on a busstop bench, should is a story there. I should go through my records and see if I can find some of these images start collecting them into a document. I could make a short story on each case. Boy, I wonder if I'm that creative. I would like to think so but who knows.


Autumn wandered into this territory this morning relatively early it is now officially Fall and already the days feel cooler… Summer I miss you already…

No comments: