Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Taco Tuesday

 






I'm doing just fine, thank you very much. People are beginning to wonder about me since I have had very little interaction with Facebook, twitter or whatever the last couple months. I don't know what precipitated my social networking fast but kind of think it's been good for me. I mean, it's not like I was living breathing and finding my existence and social networking is just that it sort of lost its appeal. Not unlike my opting out of the Thursday morning coffee social here at the apartment complex. I just didn't think the organization's fun anymore especially since there's been a couple of personalities really putting a lot more control over the operation the need be. That and social distancing us, made the operation a joke. In order to social distance the tables are placed back to back a great line in one has to sit 6 feet apart. Realize that most will everybody's a senior in this project and of course everybody and everybody at coffee social to some degree has difficulty hearing. It's just no longer fun so why go? The person I do like to spend time with Billie we go out to the coffee shop across the street from our building and meet have a great time just visiting and talking about the trilogy of books were reading together. Of course since we missed a couple of the coffee meetings all the residents are “ask not what's going on and why are we not showing up at the social? We've am guessing I told my friend I think she's been a cave. I think I'm doing what's best for me right now. So I'm doing fine just out and about.


Today I went back down to seventieths South to check with DI to see what they had in the area of picture frames. They've got some will have to do some checking particularly if I do send away for some art by mail. Right now I've got to figure out some way to frame up the poster I sent for. I was kind of surprised at some of the options the DI had for me and I'll have to drop back there in a week or so. I was hungry though. Billie , had called me early to have coffee at Hidden Peaks. I had not had my breakfast yet which ended up being half a maple bar and half another donut. I desperately needed some protein and real food. When I was at the Goodwill store yesterday I noticed a number of restaurants I thought might be interesting. So today after leaving Deseret Industries I was slowly rolling in front of these interesting looking restaurants, Asian and Hispanic specialties. However one restaurant or whatever I couldn't tell what was had all kinds of images and the window but I couldn't see and there is nothing describing the place. As I was sitting there looking at the storefront some guy came out to smoke and saw me looking at asked if I wanted to go in. I asked him what the place was and he just looked at me a sense and said , “it's a bar”. I just kind of laughed and I don't know what motivated him but then he told me it's “taco Tuesday”. That was enough for me. 10 years since I'd been in a bar real bar I thought why not do Taco Tuesday.


The place was pretty large on the inside I was kind surprised concrete floor of course with a bar in five or six people in the room. There's a raised stage for a band, I suppose for Friday and Saturday nights, and tables throughout the room. There are a couple electronic games and some skill games and a crew who all seem to know each other. Couple younger folks behind the bar cook in bartender and the ever present barflies, three or four individuals looking like a pathetic version of Cheers characters. To aging women desperately trying to look young and close this should not be wearing and to retrieve versions of burnt out versions of Sam the bar tender or working-class musicians. The whole place was one stanza away from a Billie Joel song. The tacos were six bucks, three small sized corn tortillas with ground beef and some pretty good filling including blue cabbage! I would never have thought. I could add some alcohol but I decide to go with the Pepsi when it was offered. I ate my lunch trying to be invisible listing to the barflies trying to engage the over the Hill studs all trying to find a younger version of themselves. Look like an interesting place, I doubt they'll ever go back listens on Tuesday was just something about Taco Tuesdays that's hard to pass up…

No comments: