Friday, September 11, 2020

More of What Old Men Do…

 



The good weather is finally back. The temperatures not superhot which I'm trying to convince myself that I don't care but I do. There's lots of sunshine but I sense the temperatures struggling to get out of the 70s. Maybe by the 5 o'clock news the weather will have stretched itself up to 80° but I kind of doubt it. Hopefully tomorrow, you'll get at the 80 may be the 90° but you know what I think that's what they promised they be in the weatherman, I don't think to get there though. Still however I'm going to spend some more time out in the park tomorrow either reading, taking pictures are just laying back in the sunshine trying to absorb as much as I can before it gets too cold.


This year more than ever before the park is become my summer go to place. I've been in the park a lot still I could've been a lot more park oriented but I'm building up to that. Maybe next summer will be the summer of the park who knows hopefully I survived the Covid pandemic and maybe I'll have more options than just the park but I'm happy to have the park is an option.


Sadly, the astute reader probably consents that I don't have anything to write about and I'm just fluffing up the fluff that I can. Whatever scouring my poor brain for something to write I kept going back to yesterday's meeting with my friend Duane – – over at the park – – and maybe go little bit deeper into the crotchety old man syndrome we both seem to be sinking into. I don't know how long or how much I can ring out of the sediment but let's see if I get up to 500 words for the whole document.


First off there's the barking dog some “with it” bicycle chick was reading under a tree and she had her nicely groomed what look like a toy German Shepherd or smaller version of that dog tethered to her bike and the poor dog was barking barking barking. The bike chick seemed oblivious to the poor dog but we elected to move away from that area as fast as our legs and wheels could go. Crouching about how young people or people who have animals should take care of their animals and not ignore them especially in public places where the animals bark their brains out. We groused about the system that denies people places to live that I've been negatively affected by the pandemic and financial setbacks as we witnessed homeless people lounging around the park waiting for something like a line out of Ferlinghetti poem. We laughed about how we were characters in a low-budget film about old farts sitting in the park crouching about being old and how the young people just don't know how good they've got it. We wandered over and looked at trees again which had been pushed over by the great blow. Shaking our heads and wished we had access to a chainsaw secretly thankful that we did not.


We've vowed to get together one more time before the snow flies but we'll see… We'll see

No comments: