Friday, September 25, 2020

Video Doc

 

I had my first tele-med doctor's appointment today. It just boggles my mind at how medical model works to preserve itself. I wasn't sure how the obit was going to go off. After all this is the end of a very Zoom-me Internet heavy week. Two meetings regarding assistive technology and then a meeting with my primary care physician. In effort to be part of my new proactive self I spent time before the meeting making sure I had the appropriate apps downloaded onto my cell phone. I guess I could've also use my tablet but I did not want to push my luck. At the appointed time the call never came I got a little worried about after I called my doctor's office and they walked three through the scenario I was cool. About 20 minutes after 10 I got the call from Nathan's resident. She seemed like a nice young person who will be a fine doctor someday. She asked the questions, made the right noises made it easy to believe that she was a doctor or will be soon. The thought of was, neat they gave me the option of hanging up the Nathan calling me when he was ready to go over the findings of his resident but I decided just to hang online and wait and it really was just like being in the real doctor's office. I am amused myself by doing a couple of cryptograms.


The home health person was late today, more so than usual, but we everything taken care of and was out of hereby 9:30 AM s will in time for my virtual appointment.I'm sure I had the least 30 minute appointment covered all the bases. I will be going in to take or drops in blood off first my blood work. I hope I have no issues there. I found I'm also okay for my next colonoscopy. I should have it scheduled for sometime in 2023. I was so pleased it was still off in the distance a ways. I don't know how I'm going to do that but like Nathan says, “we will cross that bridge when we get to it” I'm just Hoping to still be alive. I talked about Covid 19 and all the risks it is for a person my age and talk about how important I filled it was the social isolate and not expose myself to risky behaviors like showing up at the hospital for a doctors appointment. Nathan thought I was so wise. Then, the second I hung up the phone I grabbed my traveling bag and headed inbound to Costco to order the new lenses for my glasses. I stopped off at the hospital, I HC medical Center and got mashed potatoes and gravy, fried chicken Patti and corn . I just realized I could have had back blood taken today but But spaced off your deal. I was beginning to feel guilty about saying all things I did during the interview and then show up to the very place we were talking about. I could've done the appointment in person easily.


At Costco I was going to have the opticians office people just take my old frames to put the new lens in. It occurred to me later on when the technician informed me that because my other frames, even though I think they still look very good, were quite old and fragile and need to be replaced. There is no way to get around that so I just accepted the verdict and ordered not only lenses but another frame entirely in this time I'm committing to taking much better care of my eyewear.


I'm pretty tired tonight. I waited way too long to write this so it's more of an itinerary of what was done then perhaps any creative blogging. But I got something written and posted amount do it for tonight. Can you believe it: three months and will be Christmas… Again

No comments: