Sunday, September 06, 2020

Holiday Weekend

 

I just realized them smack dab in the middle of a holiday weekend not that this be a holiday weekend makes it a whole lot different than the other weekend. However, I like to celebrate these high points during the calendar year always the high points to me still. I sometimes elaborate fantasies and even play them out like purchasing hamburger for make-believe cookout, at least this weekend I did not buy a bag of potato chips which I usually uses by big excuse for chips. Instead, this holiday, Labor Day, I purchased a watermelon which may be the last watermelon of the season it's hard to say are the seasons anymore? I mean through the beauty of the Internet particularly YouTube you can see were watermelons are raised across the country/world all year long as you're lucky enough to live in the most advanced culture or community on the face of the planet you can have whatever delicacies/fruit you want regardless of the season and that delicacy is relatively affordable even to a pensioner like me.


I'm not doing anything in particular to celebrate Labor Day with the exception of tomorrow the actual Labor Day I'm supposed to meet with my buddy Duane for a cobbled together picnic over in the park which we deemed virus safe. Knock on wood. I will not be surprised if he calls to cancel. Maybe not this time. Kind of awkward because Billy my neighbor one to go out as well but I can only justify one outing per day. She wanted to go out today but forgot that she has her standing Scrabble afternoon with my other neighbor. Interestingly, Billy did not come my door last night she'd been with the market and pick me up watermelon not knowing that I've gotten a big watermelon from the Walmart. It's a cute little individual type known. I had this morning or least a cut it up this morning, eating often all day my way is celebrating the holiday. I have sausage and cheese, grapes and whatever. I could put together quite a little much-able launch. I even thought about for thawed out some chicken and mixing that up with barbecue sauce. I need to force myself to eat some of the green stuff maybe some cabbage leaves or lettuce I have two different kinds. I also forgot I picked up some beef lunchmeat to I'm really quite set. I kind of not wish I did pick up some potato chips but I've got scraps in my crisps chip bag which would get me through the day so I don't have to break the Sabbath by purchasing something today.


When my neighbors on the second floor, her name is Trish, she's a curly headed handful. She has a squirrel little dog named Hero. I sometimes run into them out on the sidewalk. Keeping all these all rat-dogs watered and poteed (you know what I mean) truly quite a job for these pet owners. But anyway I visited with Trish today whose concerned about everybody's mental health regarding this pandemic and social isolation. She wants to have a get together like a party in a week or so and wants me to officiate as a race official. Officiating at a race all sounds all very dreadful but I couldn't tell her no and who knows maybe I'll be good at it as you can tell I'm just rolling around the rim of the drain before I go in. Don't have anything to write about except life of the complex which is somehow good for a holiday weekend well as good as it gets…addendum I just found that TBS – – the Turner network is broadcasting Star Wars all weekend long. They of course have the first three movies on DVD so I can watch the events without commercials but there's something about holiday commercials during many film festivals but give the event charm least that's what I keep telling myself…

No comments: