Saturday, September 26, 2020

Bye Bye Melon

 




I had another one of those moments of early confusion this morning not really knowing what day it is.

For a few fleeting moments I thought it was Friday but quickly I do activities scan revealing that yesterday or Friday I had indeed met with my physician online so today was Saturday and “click” everything moved in the place. I had overslept having stayed up too late last night Interneting been working on my video projects. Soon after rising I got a call or text my home health person, Annette was canceling her housekeeping for this week citing she had a vehicle that would not start. I think she got lucky what I think. She told me she had a date last evening so that's all right, good for her. I could've used her on the apartment but it's okay. However, this evening things are changed a little bit I've made quite the mess in the kitchen.


Really, besides the zoom means I had this week the only real project I wanted to accomplish was procure and process a watermelon. I so enjoyed the last one I did a couple weeks ago and have look forward with great anticipation to the next. I even got extra sharp cheddar cheese on one of my visits to Walmart in anticipation for the red fruit. They still had quite a few watermelons in the cardboard bins at the market and I had some nice lady fish one out for me since there's no way I could lift a watermelon over the side and onto my lap. I had some anxiety knowing pretty well these are the same melons that I saw when I got my other watermelon couple weeks ago. How long is too long? And they really got the impression that these of the last melons for the season at least relatively local watermelons board ever that means because I have a sneaky suspicion that from here on out were getting some sort of fruit that either been writing up in the cooler/freezer somewhere Or did he know them shipped in from Australia are someplace a long ways away were another season is just coming into being. But after a few four things in my basket and headed home.


Today, I pretty much committed myself to stay in in the apartment and rest up a little bit, not that have been doing that much physical stuff but I had been out quite a bit riding the system and riding in my chair and honestly I've been sitting to much in my chair and my little bit worried about my right butt cheek. The little painful. My goal for the day was to process the watermelon which means cut the rind mellon and the remaining fruit into finger sized slices. I really want to do this project but it would be a lot of work so I kept putting the task off I even have a nice visit with my neighbor across the hall.


Eventually, I got to the task. Sadly, I cannot say I was very surp…rised, but the watermelon itself was getting kind of old love dark spaces in the melon itself not necessarily bad But not the texture of the taste that I really desire but the Fruit was firm enough so I went ahead with the project.The process went quickly, and getting pretty good at this, and I got everything in a plastic container that I store in the refrigerator. I don't know what I did a kind of broke my heart but not really. It's just a mess to have to clean up the no watermelon for me. As I took the container over to the refrigerator and tried to push the container into the refrigerator shelf or onto the refrigerator shelf of course I slipped, the container slipped just barely enough that the lid popped off and as I try to re-secure the container of course it slammed to the floor all over the floor. It was not a pretty sight it took me the next hour to clean up the mess working on the project little by little But now it's done. I think I'm done with watermelons for the season. I think this is just a sign But oh how I like a good melon Already I'm looking forward to next year's crop


No comments: