Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Can Any Body See Me


 




Once again I'm feeling minimalized! I'm really trying not to feel too much by saying I don't really care but I do. The image that I
've chosen today is from 25 years celebration of this guy Marion Willie was the executive director of Utah Non-Profit Housing Corporation. I've worked with Marion for a number of decades here in Salt Lake County. I was housing coordinator for the independent living Center worked with a lot of housing folk trying to establish more accessible housing which is also affordable. Somewhere along the line I became involved with the Board of Directors for the organization and became one – – or at least I like to think so. Events like they make me wonder. I've been racking my brain ever since Marion posted this image of him getting the award on his Facebook feed this afternoon. I should have been there I'm sure the rest of the board was there in one form or another. I'm hoping that somewhere there was a email sent out with the time and place that somehow I must've not gotten or not realizing what the document was may have send it to the trash thinking it was spam. But I cannot believe I would send a UNPHC document to the trash bin.


Earlier this year maybe a month ago maybe to a fellow board member who lives upstairs and I were going to sign a card for Marion and we were directed from administration or Admin as they like to call themselves that there is going to be a special presentation from the board. This sounded like something that would happen so I didn't question it further than that. And I do remember a card coming around or something that we had to sign or do for what I thought was going to be a video presentation with the coronavirus and everything. Maybe that's why I may have spaced everything off. But still, there should have been an email I would of thought but clearly there was some kind of a get together which I would've gone to had I known – – the get-together was getting together. I do not want to make a big deal out of this or even if I should. After all, this is where I live and I have got a great deal, partially I think, because I am a board member. Noticed in the past when they've done their year-end reports you know, when they make the flashy folder with all the events of the year and they always identify board members that I've been gone are missing more than a couple of times. I always bring this up in everyone's embarrassed and the same resolute but it seems to keep happening. And that this was the only place I would be more concerned with this really seems to be a pattern of my life I'm actually becoming more and more invisible as I age to really quite bizarre. But, I sent an email congratulations to my friend director Marion and I wish him the best I'm really going to miss the guy when he retires. He is one who has done a great deal of good for folks were low income and people with disabilities and a whole lot more

No comments: