Saturday, May 01, 2021

Happy May Dayand Pushing My luck

 


It happened again last night as I was getting ready for bed. I actually move around a lot with getting ready for bed. This process not only includes the removal of my clothes but taking medications and making sure my beds turned down just right. This whole process takes about 20 to 30 minutes and longer if I doddle (which I tend to do from time to time). Some run back and forth from the bedroom to the kitchen from the bedroom to the bathroom. I was just about getting comfortable with my chair again when last night I suddenly the message on my controller screen “In idle mode” a message that the chair is not supposed to give and then the chair shutdown completely. It took me a couple of tries. Each time I would turn the share on and it would go to its process of coming up only to go just to fit or so and turn itself off again three or four times. I am quite proud of myself for staying patient pretty well knowing that eventually the controller will reboot itself, at least that's what I'm hoping. And it did eventually finishing the process and jumping into bed. However, now I don't have faith in my chair. I'm scared to myself out on the long trips like today would've been perfect temperatures in the 80s a great day for cruising but I chose instead to stick around the apartments.


And I was encouraged to do that to stick around the apartments just work on my projects, read and perhaps Netflix or other movie channels that I have. I tried, the whole time the little voice inside kept saying: “you never know until you try” “as long as you're out and around people you could always get someone to push it back if you need to.” “Come on, you can do it!”. I wrote another letter then finally caved into the small voice. I convinced myself I being a green pepper make sloppy Joe's for next week. I noticed a couple packages of hamburger buns down at the sharing shelf yesterday so I ran down and picked up a couple just enough for four or so sloppy Joe's that I can keep in a plastic box in refrigerator pullout for dinner or lunch or whenever. I also want to get a couple of Chinese dinners from the little restaurant next to the market.


I was a little spooked as I started out. I knew I had a full charge had gone less than a mile since this morning so I took off. I labor under the suspicion that if I don't go fast I won't get the warnings in the chair would shut down. I'm totally certain is a superstitious behavior but it seemed to work today. I was cruising at level IV but just at the top of that speed which is about 3 miles an hour. The only part of the trip that worries me at all is crossing the intersection I must cross one intersection going and coming back. I did that with little or no issues at all today. A push the button waited for the lights to change across the street lickety-split drove my chair on the side of the road to the market, I picked a can of sloppy Joe mix and a green pepper. Then I stopped at Hunan express and got a beef egg foo young dinner and a crispy noodle chow mein shrimp dinner. I have enough Food now the last detail Monday and beyond. I made a home to no stoppages my chair acted like a champ. I really want to believe in it but I know the second that I do I'll get the old sucker punch. I'm scheduled to have the chair worked on Wednesday on Tuesday I most likely have to go into Salt Lake for a meeting. I don't know what I'm going to do then but, maybe just maybe I'll push the envelope again after all it's risky business…

No comments: