Friday, September 08, 2023

200 The Hard Way

 I needed some cash just so I'd have some around the apartment if needed. I found that if I can keep a large enough quantity of cash on hand I can pretty much get through the month without having to either use my charge card or my debit account. It seems to work pretty well but I was at the end and just had a couple $20 bills left and I needed a couple rolls of quarters for people in my life who need and assist every once in a while to wash their clothes. So the day was a beautiful day and I didn't have really anything else to do after Melissa was here to help me with my morning routine so I decided I would take off and at least go to the bank / Credit Union to reading my home cash base.


Right now I've made a weird situation once again it seems by UTA bus pass is stopped working. What I mean is that there's electronic chip embedded in the bus pass that when I tap it on the reader on the bus it processes my card. This is a very hit and miss situation I don't know if it's just me or very few drivers ever challenge me for tapping or not tapping just because there's a lot of going on but I get on the bus not only me getting myself up the ramp and around the corner but the driver has to step back and undo the seats put them up so he can tie me down when I get back to the wheelchair tie down section. But anyway just the same if a driver does challenge me and I use my card and hit the reader and it doesn't do anything it looks like I'm trying to get a free ride- - which I am but I'm not at the same time if you know what I mean- - I get my cards free so it's not a big deal I don't think it's enough that makes me uncomfortable so I'm always a little tense but the bus pulls up. But I got on the bus and over to the college where I was able to pick up the westbound 47 that takes me to the credit union. No problems on the bus and no problems at the credit union and I was ready to go.


But the time I was done with my banking business it was almost 12:00 p.m. time for lunch and I was pretty hungry just because all I've had for breakfast was my jalapeno pepper drink. Maybe a few nuts cashews and Brazil nuts. There's not a whole lot a fast food options there by my credit union except there was one down the street hires. It seems like I tried to go there before and was disappointed but I thought I'd check it out again. As I got closer and closer to the facility which is about two blocks away from me I can see that it was pretty weathered then I remembered I had gone this route before and when I got there realized the place had been shuttered. I was disappointed to say the least but I'm looking closer I could see there was movement inside and there seem to be some lights on which kind of surprised me so I decided to check it out and luckily I did. I was correct the place had been closed for about a year and a half it looked pretty bad on the outside but they've just done a number of refurbishes to the inside it looks beautiful and they're hamburgers are great and I had a a meal and I had the smaller of the hamburgers called a junior extra pickles extra lettuce, pretty soggy french fries and a mug of root beer with hardly any ice the price was $17.50 I couldn't believe it. 1750 for a lunch of a hamburger and fries? I paid it anyway because I figured I was worth it but I was pretty shocked. I don't know if I will go there again soon if I do I'm going to stop at the Burger the junior Burger was  $6.95  and I don't know how the rest of it escalated like it did. I wished I'd take it an image..

No comments: