Friday, September 15, 2023

Summers last Friday

It was kind of nice not having anything to do this morning or this afternoon. It really felt like a Friday. I probably should have done more with the day but I pretty much just hung around the apartment except for running across the street for a haircut. Nothing's ever simple anymore. The construction is so bad on the sidewalks and on the sides of the street that I can hardly go anywhere without having to go blocks and blocks out of my way. Even though my barber is right across the street I had to go down half a block or more so I can find a way to get across the street when the lights changed. What's so frustrating is that they have these giant crevices carved into the blacktop particularly in front of the crosswalks so I can't even get to the button on the crosswalk to push to get the lights change. I have to go to a cross street and wait for the light to change and then Dash across and hope the traffic respects my movements. I'm surprised I haven't gotten yelled at yet for some of these Crossings I've had to do. Truth be known this construction really has constricted my willingness to go anywhere of any consequences just doing what I really need to do. I guess it's good excuses any to stay home and enjoy the apartment complex and my reading out in the parking lot this last warm days of summer.


It's another year that I did not go to the State Fair as well as the Greek festival. Part of my rationale is what I just wrote about getting into a bus stop I know that will be there and attainable by wheelchair/power chair. Then there's always the recollection that going as I've done in the years past I've always been disappointed when I finished. Everything is just so cheap and squalored at the fair. Diane used to love the farm buildings and animals and 4-H exhibits and stuff like that and that was her enjoyment of the fair dash dash which is good it's probably a lot more healthy than I wanted as far as I'm not sure what I wanted but it certainly wasn't the cattle barns that's for sure. And the Greek festival I've never really gotten into just because it seems so foreign. I should have in the old days when I worked right down the street from the festival before I retired but I never made it. And the only reason I'd go to any of these events is for the food because I've heard the food is so good and that at least at the fair you can get real live corn dogs or they actually dip the dog had a stick right in front of you. I still have a big issue with the Frozen corn dogs that have Honey Dipped cornmeal coatings. I can't believe it's impossible to find corn dogs without this honey cornmeal coating.


I guess it's not much for something that I did today but haircuts a haircut as well as I worked out on my own bike and for sure made by bed…

No comments: