Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Monday movie and stew

 I did not think today was going to be too productive just because I didn't get much sleep waking up around 3:00 in the morning and then just hit it and missing moments of sleep until I finally got up around 6:00 a.m. surprisingly however, I've done pretty good today but I really didn't do anything to speak of. I'm too scared. I'd be elected to go without the butt dressing I usually wear because when my home health person/cna change the bandages there were wounds on my butt probably pressure sores but obviously the Second Skin wasn't doing his job or something. We decided to let it rest for a day or two until Wednesday when my CNA would be here again and we adjudicate what needs to be done. I had her apply the special cream I have supposedly with silver which is always done a good job in the healing process and hopefully that will have some impact positively. So I guess what I'm saying is that I did not really do anything because I didn't want to aggravate the wounds that were there and I wanted to give the wounds that were there a chance to heal so I kind of laid back in my chair a large part of the day out in the sun shine and read my current novel. I would rather lay back in my chair that have to lay back in bed and not be able to get up. This kind of freaks me out to say the least. I will put more goop on my butt tonight before I go to sleep and more in the morning when I get up but tomorrow is Tuesday and that's Assist Incorporated meeting day. I'm taking a bit of a risk but I'll attend the meeting and hope for the best. I have another meeting the next day then two meetings the day after. Luckily the Wednesday meeting is attainable by internet but I will be traveling on Thursday. I sure hope I can get this thing under control. I'd really like to be more active but maybe this is all part of the great lesson who knows?


It's kind of late getting on towards 9:00 p.m. I was halfway through Captain America the First Avenger but I realized I had not blogged yet. So I shut down the Disney Plus and came into do my daily business on my blog. If it makes any difference I will confess to just doing the one Marvel movie today. I like to start something like a movie over dinner and then if it's entertaining enough finish it afterwards. Tonight I actually dug into the pantry got a bag of stew that I picked up off the sharing Shelf. Remember the boxes that a lot of the folks here get from the food banks full of canned goods and other items that poor seniors might need. Well most of the people who get the boxes don't like what's in the boxes and they all goes to the sharing Shelf and over the years I've collected three or four bags of stew. The stews not bad about four cups in each bag and you just cut the top off and pour it into your saucepan or Bowl to Heat up. It's not the best stew in the world it's not like anymore are some of the other more mainstream stews but it gets the person by the handful of crackers and the cold something to drink tonight it was Shasta wild cherry doesn't get better than that. I may have enough time to finish my movie I don't know doesn't matter it'll be there tomorrow and so well my butt. …,

No comments: